Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
Stoves can even be pretty compact if you want to cook for a big group

I have this monster for car camping like a fat american. Two 10k BTU burners, a 5l pot and a 10" frying pan so you can offset any exercise you accidentally did in the outdoors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

el dorito posted:

that is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen

I’ve only eaten jetboil friendly foods since California does not really allow outdoor cooking in any parks (for obvious reasons) but this setup might be safe enough to go backpacking with.

12 pounds? Screw it, I’ll carry that thing for dozens of miles as long as I get to cook like a king at the end.

Its kind of neat because it runs off those cheap Coleman propane cylinders instead of the expensive jetboil fuel and you can get a satellite burner that's compatible with all the regular jetboil containers. So you can have the big burners for cooking and a little one for heating water for coffee or whatever.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Went camping with some friends at Lake Cachuma near Santa Barbara. Its the off season so the site wasn't very crowded and we picked out a nice spot with a keyhole view of the lake.

It was really pretty.

The fully armed and operational Jetboil Genesis Basecamp delivers UNLIMITED COOKING POWER