Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Bakanogami posted:

Never read the manga, but after watching the first episode I'll totally take Big Boss narrating a documentary about camping.

The voice of the narrator came as a bit of a surprise, I figured they'd go with someone a bit more... chill? The "put the rod in the hole" gag in the second episode was good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I love this show. The manga's great too, but the voice acting, animation, and directing in the anime are all spot-on.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Dzhay posted:

So is this show set much further South than I thought, or did Nadeshiko just take ages to make breakfast? Because she started at 5am and the sun cleared the mountains while they were eating, on the 26th of December.

Sunrise in central Japan is generally speaking pretty early, even in December the sun will usually be up around 6AM. I think it's a time zone thing, Tokyo is way on the eastern edge of the +9 UTC band.

SirPhoebos posted:

Something else I noticed was that even though the last three or so episodes were in December, there wasn't ever indication of snowfall (well besides Fuji's peak). Would that be typical of this part of Japan?

That part of Japan doesn't get that much snow, at least not at low elevations. The Sea of Japan side gets all the snow, the Pacific Ocean side is shielded from the cold by the Japanese Alps.