Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The San Francisco bay area has a lot of camping opportunities. This is Mt Diablo at the day i arrived.

It got real foggy, real cold, really quick during the night.

Still foggy as poo poo the next morning

Oh did I mention it was my first camping trip ever? It was actually fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hmm, i don't get it. where's your baby stroller?

I get this reference.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Good!
I'm glad this is getting more people camping! (Assuming you went because of this?

More people camping is good no matter what.)

Negative, this camping trip was before the manga for this show even existed. I blame firewatch instead.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I have been on a backpacking camp bend lately and I am a sleeping bag and a sleeping pad away from having my ideal lightweight beackpack, but that would set me back $500 :shepspends:
Not to mention I am moving to Oregon later this summer, so I may have to get cold weather gear :shepspends::shepspends:
On the plus side I can learn how to hunt Deer and fish, oh wait gotta have to buy gear for that :shepspends::shepspends::shepspends:

Also if you ever go camping in a place that doesnt allow you to gather wood to burn, may i recomend ESBIT cube folding stoves?
They come in small

and very small

Also the cubes themselves make for good kindling. Downside is that they have a horrible fishy smell.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Necroblashyrkh posted:

I consulted a dog and in his opinion you should never take a dog camping.

Tents are really scary. You get panicky inside them.

Campfires are also scary but you can't avoid them because there's usually food nearby.

The stairs going up to bird watching towers are, like, totally different from other stairs.

On the plus side, you can often find many muddy ditches to dive in for no discernable reason.

:five:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Seeing that it might be a Triumph Bonneville that gentleman is not only classy as gently caress, he has balls of steel driving a cafe-style naked standard motorcycle in goddamn winter.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nipponophile posted:

Every tent is pretty cold. They're for keeping the rain off, not insulation.

Keeping warm comes from the Cot (keeping you of the ground, but optional), air mattress (insulating you from the ground) and finally the sleeping bag (keeping heat and air in but wicking moisture out). Base layers also help.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Well i was on vacation to Puerto Rico for two weeks and I have an important question:

WHO IS THAT TEACHER WHO WAS SLAMMING RUM WHILE CAMPING? *slam fist on desk*

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Got my some money at REI and now I gotta decide what I wanna buy.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I want a solo stove, but a nicer chair would be rad.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

There is a lot of stuff I gotta get once I move to Oregon. Its gonna be worse if I get into fishing and hunting.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Grouchio posted:

I should watch this.

That being said I cannot possibly sleep in a tent overnight.

I suffer from sleep paralysis, let me tell you its loving terrifying waking up in the middle of the night feeling something sniffing your tent and being unable to move or do anything.

Polikarpov posted:

Went camping with some friends at Lake Cachuma near Santa Barbara. Its the off season so the site wasn't very crowded and we picked out a nice spot with a keyhole view of the lake.

It was really pretty.

The fully armed and operational Jetboil Genesis Basecamp delivers UNLIMITED COOKING POWER

loving Christ

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Holy poo poo

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Can't you literally take a train to another country?

The UK is now located in the middle of the pacific thanks to brexit

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Double Plus Undead posted:

This is a good comfy show but Ms. Chug has a problem.

Please do not besmirch my wife, thanks.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

StandardVC10 posted:

Yurucamp is a manga that just really likes dogs, and hell,

i like dogs and this manga

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hello thread I am happy this anime is back and I am also happy imma be camping again soon. Except this time I will have a partner in crime.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

uguu posted:

https://i.imgur.com/nU5WJkq.gifv

How can I make this a video in my post?

Copy video adress, change .mp4 to .gifv

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MJP posted:

Stupid sexy Tricity 125, I would 100% buy that if it was in the US.

The Piaggio MP3 is available

Sadly its the 500cc version

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The best way to have a fire is to marry someone who loves fire as much as you.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

el dorito posted:

I don't necessarily like fires as much as I like a hot breakfast

so I guess I need to marry someone that loves a hot breakfast, preferably pancakes or scrambled eggs

el dorito posted:

also coffee

She is a former-Mormon turned vegan and yet she will cook pancakes and eggs for me.

She drinks decaf, but nobody is perfect.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

God I wanna go camping with my wife and dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Coxswain Balls posted:

You should go camping imo

We actually went camping early march on coastal Washington, we lifted camp in the middle of the night because i was not prepared for how loving cold it got and my poor dog was trembling real bad.

We are planning on camping later in the year though.