Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
That Greek kid will be the next Koscielny.

Probably means Mustafi is going though.

I see Coutinho has Transferitis again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brendan Rodgers posted:

It's gonna get a lot worse for Arsenal before it gets better and that owns. Transition.

This is true, but only because the club has been mismanaged and not because of Wengy leaving.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Wenger loves greek

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

EvilHawk posted:

According to the Mail Chelsea are trying to agree a deal for Barkley and Andy Carroll

Wait sorry I don't think I wrote that properly

AND ANDY CARROLL

He always scores against us so that’s a prime consideration of the Chelsea board.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Former Arsenal superstar and notable Croatian Brazilian Eduardo da Silva is coming to Legia to die.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Wesley Sneijder is transferring to a Qatari club, presumably also to die, in his case it'll be heat stroke

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

trem_two posted:

Wesley Sneijder is transferring to a Qatari club, presumably also to die, in his case it'll be heat stroke

Nah dude he'll just play in those air conditioned stadiums that they definitely have under the artificial clouds that also definitely exist

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Ross Barkley fee is apparently £15m. Is he in the last days of his contract?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
no, he's poo poo.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I remember when Barkley was another "Great British Hope" a few years ago but he went anonymous shortly after. Did the hype get to him or did he get hit by injuries?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Can is off to Juve in summer.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Barkley's career trajectory has been a peaks and troughs affair, ending ultimately in a downward spiral of continued injuries and never hitting any sort of solid form when he was actually fit.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Tough to believe Barkley's only 24 given how long ago it feels since he was an up-and-coming prospect. But even at an age where he theoretically could still turn great I suppose, his spotty medical history added on top just makes it seem even less likely to me. Is Ross Barkley really the kind of player Chelsea want to stock up on? At least Drinkwater is reliably fit and was a ready-made partner for Kante when they bought him.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

no, he's poo poo.

He is, but he’s also out of contract at the end of the season.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Ninpo posted:

Barkley's career trajectory has been a peaks and troughs affair, ending ultimately in a downward spiral of continued injuries and never hitting any sort of solid form when he was actually fit.

Maybe my memory is wonky, but didn't Koeman throw Barkley under the bus during press interviews a couple of times too ? If your manager is happy to use you as a scapegoat, it's going to make any player's time at a club pretty miserable.

When I've seen him, I thought he had enough potential to be a good squad player for Chelsea.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Brony Car posted:

Maybe my memory is wonky, but didn't Koeman throw Barkley under the bus during press interviews a couple of times too ? If your manager is happy to use you as a scapegoat, it's going to make any player's time at a club pretty miserable.

When I've seen him, I thought he had enough potential to be a good squad player for Chelsea.

Yeah, he's always had "potential" though and Koeman isn't the only manager to seem dissatisfied with him, I vaguely recall Martinez having frustrations with him too. He's 24 now and still only has "potential".

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Weren't city going to pay 50 million for him last January?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
it doesnt matter how good he is, he's english

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Weren't city going to pay 50 million for him last January?

That’s what i thought. Lmao at losing 35m because????

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
leon goretzka is the kind of large and relatively good looking midfielder that liverpool needs to really tie things together

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Brony Car posted:

I'm pretty sure Koeman wanted him to sign a new contract and he refused so Koeman got the hump.

Then there was all that stuff last summer with Barkley saying Conte had his phone off so he refused to complete the deal.

I think he might just be really stupid.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

That’s what i thought. Lmao at losing 35m because????

Chelsea had £35m accepted this summer as well but Barkley hosed off the medical or something.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

hadji murad posted:

Can is off to Juve in summer.
I think he'll do quite well in Italy tbh. Can't believe he's still only 23.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Barkley is a rather underwhelming signing but there's still a chance he lives up to his potential. And if he doesn't Chelsea can sell him to West Ham for £30m.

Also it will be nice for Chelsea to have enough home grown players that they can sign a foreign player without having to sell one, or let Cahill go when his contract is up.

I still want a big name attacker and box to box midfielder to be signed but that will probably have to wait until the summer.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Any other Done Deals?

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/949325448978272256

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Chelsea must need some players to meet homegrown requirements or something, yeah?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

trem_two posted:

Chelsea must need some players to meet homegrown requirements or something, yeah?

Yeah, all they had were Cesc, Cahill, Drinkwater, and Moses. Tho RLC and Tammy Abraham could be in the squad next year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Looks like Ben Woodburn is off to Sunderland on loan.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Is Goretzka off to Bayern for real, or is Wenger going to splash the cash?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Nice for Barkley to be going to the World Cup I suppose

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

blue footed boobie posted:

This is true, but only because the club has been mismanaged and not because of Wengy leaving.

It's both.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The commentators for the Derby just informed me that cenk tosun to everton is a done deal

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Jose posted:

The commentators for the Derby just informed me that cenk tosun to everton is a done deal

It wouldn't be the first time they've announced tosun.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

brocked posted:

I haven't seen anything saying that Arsenal are in for him, but he certainly wouldn't want to go to Arsenal if Bayern are in for him.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42586383

Yeah Cenk Tosun to Everton for 27m is a done deal

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Barkley is just the new Ross Turnbull as far as Chelsea are concerned.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

brocked posted:

Yeah, it's looking extremely likely.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Tevez back to Boca Juniors is a done deal

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Weaponized Cum posted:

Tevez back to Boca Juniors is a done deal

This will be his third time playing for them, guess he got enough Chinese money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

This will be his third time playing for them, guess he got enough Chinese money

He and Mascherano probably got enough money from that incredibly shady and probably illegal deal that sent them to West Ham a decade ago.

I'm sure Tevez did ok at United, City, and Juve too.

• Locked thread