Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Tevez scored 4 goals, made like $20m, absolutely shat on the Chinese league and players about their lack of quality in the press, missed about half of the team's games, then hosed off home to Argentina to force a transfer.

It's the ur Tevez experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Tevez scored 4 goals, made like $20m, absolutely shat on the Chinese league and players about their lack of quality in the press, missed about half of the team's games, then hosed off home to Argentina to force a transfer.

It's the ur Tevez experience.

Poster with the fatty Higuain AV has a good point.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

He and Mascherano probably got enough money from that incredibly shady and probably illegal deal that sent them to West Ham a decade ago.

I'm sure Tevez did ok at United, City, and Juve too.

Imagine thinking anyone but Joorabchian got that money.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
tevez rules

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

He does.

Theo Walcott's agent is batting his eyelashes at the Milan clubs in the press. I actually hope he does go to an Italian team, would be interesting to see how it goes.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

blue footed boobie posted:

Imagine thinking anyone but Joorabchian got that money.

i miss when Kia Joorabchian was the sleaziest agent, his poo poo was actually kinda fun unlike now with Mino Raiola finding new ways to piss everyone off

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

trem_two posted:

He does.

Theo Walcott's agent is batting his eyelashes at the Milan clubs in the press. I actually hope he does go to an Italian team, would be interesting to see how it goes.

I hope Joe Hart esque failure

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Apparently the Coutinho deal has been kind of agreed, £106m up front and £34m in achievable add ons (ie appearances and club trophies rather than Ballon d'Or wins)

And we're apparently now in for Mahrez to replace him.

It's not ideal, but in the circumstances it's probably the best we could have done.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

tarbrush posted:

Apparently the Coutinho deal has been kind of agreed, £106m up front and £34m in achievable add ons (ie appearances and club trophies rather than Ballon d'Or wins)

It's not ideal, but in the circumstances it's probably the best we could have done.

seems like mahrez is the least klopp player in the whole league

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

RideTheSpiral posted:

seems like mahrez is the least klopp player in the whole league

He's been pretty good in Leicester's ultra counter attacking system. He's not the most committed defender though.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
https://twitter.com/ftfc/status/948260223357202437

Better late than never. The next Jamie Vardy.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

Source? What I've read says that Coutinho still wants to move but that Liverpool are also pretty committed to keeping him to the end of the season. The people who are convinced that a deal has been done (like Balague) are a bit unreliable

Those numbers might to match this Melissa Reddy story, but she's saying that the bid has not been accepted yet. I think if Coutinho has convinced Liverpool that he cannot stay, they will still try to squeeze out a higher offer.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/coutinho-skips-liverpool-trip-as-his-record-transfer-to/m1vocmx26x421jpv1hv1uus0j

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Brony Car posted:

Source? What I've read says that Coutinho still wants to move but that Liverpool are also pretty committed to keeping him to the end of the season. The people who are convinced that a deal has been done (like Balague) are a bit unreliable

Those numbers might to match this Melissa Reddy story, but she's saying that the bid has not been accepted yet. I think if Coutinho has convinced Liverpool that he cannot stay, they will still try to squeeze out a higher offer.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/coutinho-skips-liverpool-trip-as-his-record-transfer-to/m1vocmx26x421jpv1hv1uus0j

Talksport and the Independent

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

We've specifically told Leicester that we're not interested in Mahrez.

I have no idea what's going to happen. All the talk from the Liverpool side is that we're still trying our best to keep hold of him for the rest of the season and we're not really looking at any alternatives. If he goes and we don't bring anyone else in then we've had a shocker.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

We've specifically told Leicester that we're not interested in Mahrez.

I have no idea what's going to happen. All the talk from the Liverpool side is that we're still trying our best to keep hold of him for the rest of the season and we're not really looking at any alternatives. If he goes and we don't bring anyone else in then we've had a shocker.

Do Barcelona really need him right now? Why not hammer out the kind of delayed deal that Liverpool did with Keita? Or loan him back to Liverpool for the rest of the season? I don't know if Barcelona have been open to either of those approaches.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
They want him, and because they're Barcelona they want him now.

Coutinho wants to go because he's an ACL tear from the move falling apart forever

There's a rumour that he'll be in Barcelona tonight to watch their game, which would be pretty conclusive

tarbrush fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 6, 2018

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

tarbrush posted:

They want him, and because they're Barcelona they want him now.

Coutinho wants to go because he's an ACL tear from the move falling apart forever

There's a rumour that he'll be in Barcelona tonight to watch their game, which would be pretty conclusive

He's gone. All the journos have confirmed it now. £142m.

We better have a plan.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
couts is done. 142m.

drat you hawk.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Coutinho is a fraud and will never be anything more than poo poo Juninho.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
imagine not wanting to sell coutinho for £140m

Anime_Ladies.html
Dec 13, 2017

by SA Support Robot
looking forward to seeing every penny wasted.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

Coutinho is a fraud and will never be anything more than poo poo Juninho.
Mate, everyone is a poo poo Juninho. Juninho legit loving owned.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Gorn Myson posted:

Mate, everyone is a poo poo Juninho. Juninho legit loving owned.

glad we're in agreement OP.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
142m is cool and good, if spent well and soon like

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

142m is cool and good, if spent well and soon like

It will be spent on 1 English garbage man and Sporting or Porto's current best player because that's what 142 mil buys now.

Anime_Ladies.html
Dec 13, 2017

by SA Support Robot
why would anyone accept less than £142m for any of liverpools targets now

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Gigi Galli posted:

It will be spent on 1 English garbage man and Sporting or Porto's current best player because that's what 142 mil buys now.

they will rebuy andy carrol for 50m and stewy downing for 35 on deadline day and then win the league.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Klopp will fix Andy's injury problems with KloppTech and get Downing running around even more to confuse defenders. If we can afford him with the change, bring back Glen Johnson as well.

I'm on board with this.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
bring Mkhitaryan home, Klopp

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Never wanted Coutinho anyway.

Having said that: Godspeed, Tiny C.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Welp. Hope they can pry Lemar during this window.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

5 years and 200 appearances from a Brazilian, and a profit of 130m. Best of luck Phil

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Still can't quite get my head round the idea that Coutinho is the second most expensive footballer ever. He's really loving good, but I don't think even in our boomiest moments we'd have compared him to Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi or whoever.

Apparently some of the money is going to be spent on Alisson or Oblak. Given that Alisson is ahead of Ederson in the Brazil team, that would be some loving upgrade over our current chuckle brothers.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
https://twitter.com/DanielAgger/status/949709911247728641

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/949717326651379712

there you go

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

tarbrush posted:

Still can't quite get my head round the idea that Coutinho is the second most expensive footballer ever. He's really loving good, but I don't think even in our boomiest moments we'd have compared him to Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi or whoever.

That’s because he’s not worth £142m

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

blue footed boobie posted:

That’s because he’s not worth £142m

Conversely, someone just paid £142m, so he is?

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

tarbrush posted:

Yeah. This is also different to Suarez leaving which basically kneecapped the club after Rodgers spent the best part of two years building the team around him. Coutinho is indeed really loving good and his free kicks and trickery in and around the box will be greatly missed but Liverpool don't rely on him like they did Suarez. I wish him well, the little poo poo. Hopefully a decent goalie can come in soon.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
My main take away from this is that we didn't get nearly enough for Suarez.

We played well enough during his "injury" at the start of the year and the squad feels a lot stronger than it did when Torres or Suarez left. 142m is a lot in a vacuum, but I don't even know what that will get us at this point. Can the Keita deal be pushed up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

tarbrush posted:

Apparently some of the money is going to be spent on Alisson or Oblak.

"I was just saying Oblak" - Firmino, next season

• Locked thread