Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

sassassin posted:

Tom Cruise wasn't the last samurai in that film you idiot, you loving imbecile

Don’t know, never saw it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Slimani to Newcastle is now back on, and Newcastle will have Jesus, Mohamed, Christian and Islam on the books.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Andre Ayew back to Swansea looks to be done according to the BBC. Which means that West Ham are actually going to be signing Jordan Hugill. Presumably as a joke

did you see the russian striker telling the owners to gently caress off and not insult his club with lovely bids? summed it up

also lmao that they made their main target a russian striker after it becomes public that every last sportsman and footballer in Russia is on the state-run doping program and Russia is kicked out of the paralympics

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lol at premier league teams trying to sign fyodor smolov. he’s been ok recently but he’s famous in russia for scoring approximately 2 goals in 100 starts at a striker

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Spangly A posted:

did you see the russian striker telling the owners to gently caress off and not insult his club with lovely bids? summed it up

also lmao that they made their main target a russian striker after it becomes public that every last sportsman and footballer in Russia is on the state-run doping program and Russia is kicked out of the paralympics

They never intended on signing him or Dendoncker (the latter being even more infuriating as he seems to really want to come here). They did what get always do. Put in a lovely low bid/loan offer so they get to turn around and say "at least we tried" while selling the only two strikers who can actually run and buying more tacky poo poo for their sons with the money.

Their excuse for Dendoncker now is that it's too late for him to have a medical.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I just want to say that I know that GD likes to close the transfer thread as soon as the window shuts, but I think that we should leave it open for a day so that we can all take the time to thank Pissflaps, a noted transfer chat enthusiast, for taking the time to create and lovingly oversee this thread.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

They never intended on signing him or Dendoncker (the latter being even more infuriating as he seems to really want to come here). They did what get always do. Put in a lovely low bid/loan offer so they get to turn around and say "at least we tried" while selling the only two strikers who can actually run and buying more tacky poo poo for their sons with the money.

Their excuse for Dendoncker now is that it's too late for him to have a medical.

I'd rather have a bankrupt icelandic nutter than these two and I'd probably take Brown over them as well

they claimed the protest was unfair because people wanted them to spend money and the wage bill but the problem is really clearly them. I still can't get over how poo poo gold is at buying strikers, it shouldnt be possible.

Sakho scored against PSG on his debut lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

blue footed boobie posted:

I just want to say that I know that GD likes to close the transfer thread as soon as the window shuts, but I think that we should leave it open for a day so that we can all take the time to thank Pissflaps, a noted transfer chat enthusiast, for taking the time to create and lovingly oversee this thread.

I'll allow it. He deserves the praise.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Gigi Galli posted:

Give him a gangtag featuring a code formation

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Buying Andre back is just the Ayew's agent getting another one over on thicko Huw Jenkins. He wasn't good for us the first time despite what his goal record suggests, and he's hardly been worth his fee to West Ham since leaving.

No way Carvalhal wanted him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
would probably have won the game for us tonight if we'd had him earlier. joselu is fully poo poo

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/958830657609916416

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

welp
https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/958829880829009922

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith...y-live-14222550

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind

Supporting West Ham is becoming increasingly difficult. The transfer windows are frustraing, the owners incompetent and now this.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

This Is Not Going To End Well

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/zikadavid86/status/958833270959104001

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Andio posted:

Supporting West Ham is becoming increasingly difficult. The transfer windows are frustraing, the owners incompetent and now this.

drat, time to choose a new franchise

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Reminder that we almost signed Islam Slimani this morning. Who is African. So what this means is pretty much: "No Blacks"

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Reminder that we almost signed Islam Slimani this morning. Who is African. So what this means is pretty much: "No Blacks"

We need a complete overhaul and a Director of Football if the Daves don't sell up.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Andre Ayew is a handful, I can't blame them.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
A bunch of people that have never been to east London are really surprised.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

im hearing a lot of rumours about tony henry to the jobcentre just as soon as someone can stop david gold from tweeting his support

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lots of conspiracy theories going around Swansea fans, thinking that we only bought Andre because West Ham still owed us most of the money for him.

But we sold the rights to those future payments last January (for cash to buy Carroll etc.). The documents are all available on the Companies House website. And even if we hadn't that we're still spending £18m or whatever now even if most of it is money we're owed. It's Swansea's money.

Please understand you thick sheep-shagging cunts.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Bea Nanner posted:

A bunch of people that have never been to east London are really surprised.

:yikes:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Adam King out, Andy King in.

Look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
west ham got a player, jordan hugill from PNE

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Slimani to newcastle is done, and Mitrovic to...Fulham? is also done

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Crystal Palace have signed norwegian striker Alexander Sørloth for about £16-18M. They've signed him from the danish club FC Midtjylland.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
At what point during his Africans Cause Mayhem speech do you think he realised he's lost his job? As he was saying it or some time after? What a div lol, like you could get away with a no Africans allowed transfer policy and no-one would even notice if you didn't announce it to a national newspaper.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Somewhere, Malky McKay has just started polishing his resume

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke signed some lad named Badou Ndiaye from Galatasaray for £14m. He has a cracking name. Two fullbacks and a centre mid isn't too bad. I would have liked a striker too but at least we've strengthened in at least two weak areas.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mangala has gone to Everton on loan... maybe.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

lol at premier league teams trying to sign fyodor smolov. he’s been ok recently but he’s famous in russia for scoring approximately 2 goals in 100 starts at a striker

he has had back to 20+ goal seasons and will probably get close to a third this season what are you talking about

the most skilled center forward russia has had since, jeez i don't know, pavlyuchenko for that 07-09 blip

Shrapnig posted:

48 in 64 for Krasnodar the last three(two and a half) seasons.

aie, must of been counting the europa league contributions, but anytime you get over 15 a season in the RPL, is honestly a very good season in a league where everyone but the moscow clubs and zenit/krasnodar park the bus

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 1, 2018

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vivisectvnv posted:

he has had back to 20+ goal seasons and will probably get close to a third this season what are you talking about

48 in 64 for Krasnodar the last three(two and a half) seasons.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gigi Galli posted:

It's been a good thread imo. First time in quite a few windows the transfer thread has been the only place I've bothered reading about transfers as well as post about transfers. Good show TRP. :)

I'm gay etc

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

Mangala has gone to Everton on loan... maybe.

He has

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kev_egan/status/958838069066690560

It really was the dullest possible transfer window in Italy

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
What is West Ham's policy on gay snakes though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Spangly A posted:

im hearing a lot of rumours about tony henry to the jobcentre just as soon as someone can stop david gold from tweeting his support

Would not surprise me at all if the Mail was put onto it by one of the dildo brothers to deflect criticism for the transfer window from them.

• Locked thread