Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Blue Star Error posted:

"I was just saying Oblak" - Firmino, next season

heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Barcelona have confirmed he has a buyout clause of €400m.

Worth a shot FSG?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
The Portuguese definite article is o you see

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Liverpool now finally have enough transfer kitty to buy the entire Southampton squad + Walcott

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
man i loved watching cooter but that is a ton of money for a guy who plays like every other game

i assume this means dusan tadic is on the way to LFC for like 60m

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Thats a good deal for Liverpool, but a big shock for their fans who will have to come to grips with the fact that players see their club as a mere stepping stone to bigger, more successful clubs. will they be able to handle it?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

cheese posted:

My main take away from this is that we didn't get nearly enough for Suarez.

That's why Suarez bit a guy in the World Cup.

Every bite incident was timed with a transfer agitation move. Every fiasco that magically occurred always helped a deal go through.

quote:

We played well enough during his "injury" at the start of the year and the squad feels a lot stronger than it did when Torres or Suarez left. 142m is a lot in a vacuum, but I don't even know what that will get us at this point. Can the Keita deal be pushed up?

I believe that every time Liverpool has brought this up with Leipzig, they told us to gently caress off.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Thats a good deal for Liverpool, but a big shock for their fans who will have to come to grips with the fact that players see their club as a mere stepping stone to bigger, more successful clubs. will they be able to handle it?

I can't. That would mean Liverpool is a small club. Smaller than my waistline. :(

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

fsg OUT

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No chance Liverpool is buying Oblak. He’d be amazing but he’d also cost 100m.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Why is everyone expecting Liverpool to spend the entire Coutinho fee on players when they already spunked more than half of it on VVD?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Why is everyone expecting Liverpool to spend the entire Coutinho fee on players when they already spunked more than half of it on VVD?

Because they're not linked.

We had the money for VvD in the summer and couldn't get a deal done. It's not as if that money has disappeared.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

https://twitter.com/wutangklavan/status/949765458621812736

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

lol you can make a tidy profit if you just plan to lose him in 2 seasons

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Lmao noooooo

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Pretty great Twitter handle tho

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Don't mistype your signature in your posts.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Wrong thread?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Brony Car posted:

Wrong thread?

This is like some of the worst poo poo I've ever seen

Why are we buying Can?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Brazilian twitter has just come alive with rumours we've started negotiating with Roma for Alisson.

:gizz:

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Sandwolf posted:

This is like some of the worst poo poo I've ever seen

Why are we buying Can?

I've been asking myself that quite a lot. He's strong and has a good attitude, but is prone to lapses in defensive concentration and positioning. Despite his faults, he's very versatile, so you can field him as a CB in a back 3, or use him as a box-to-box marauder. He fancies himself as a DM, but he's not disciplined enough to do it very well at Liverpool.

I'm not sure how that works when you translate it all to Serie A.

You might see a lot of this too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC6yeWbvgWk

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brony Car posted:

I've been asking myself that quite a lot. He's strong and has a good attitude, but is prone to lapses in defensive concentration and positioning. Despite his faults, he's very versatile, so you can field him as a CB in a back 3, or use him as a box-to-box marauder. He fancies himself as a DM, but he's not disciplined enough to do it very well at Liverpool.

I'm not sure how that works when you translate it all to Serie A.

You might see a lot of this too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC6yeWbvgWk

A lot of him scoring once every 12 games at best?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
If you’re buying Emre Chan to score goals you need to get new scout. Nobody knows what he does best but I hope he figures it out in Italy.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I definitely have no problem with Juve signing Can on a free, but he's apparently going to be the 3rd highest paid player after Higuain and Dybala. I don't think that makes much sense.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
He has a turning circle to rival an ocean liner and just isn't fast enough. Most every goal he scores is a worldie though, so there's that.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's the new Sami Khedira. Not particularly good at anything yet keeps playing for big clubs and getting picked by Germany.

Holy poo poo, Sami Khedira is still only 30.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

trem_two posted:

I definitely have no problem with Juve signing Can on a free, but he's apparently going to be the 3rd highest paid player after Higuain and Dybala. I don't think that makes much sense.

Free transfers do that

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Shrapnig posted:

He's the new Sami Khedira. Not particularly good at anything yet keeps playing for big clubs and getting picked by Germany.

Holy poo poo, Sami Khedira is still only 30.

Maybe Khedira will leave Juve then.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Maybe Khedira will leave Juve then.

I kind of hope so, there won't be enough minutes and someone will need to go.

Jose posted:

Free transfers do that

Good point, that's how Khedira himself became one of Juve's top wages.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I like Chan and will miss him, he also has good hair

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Sami Khedira is loving awesome, and when he’s forced to retire it will become immediately clear why Low considers him essential to the German side and why Real and Juventus start(ed) him whenever he’s fit: he can outrun almost anyone and he makes the correct defensive and offensive decision almost every single time.

it definitely seems like Low and Juventus view Emre Can as his successor but it seems a stretch to me. Can is slower and hasnt eliminated the mental errors from his game. at the same age, Khedira was helping Germany boss the midfield with Ozil in South Africa. can’t imagine Can doing the same thing.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Emre Can has the tendency to turn off his brain at the worst moments.

On the other hand, he's played out his contract without complaint or drama and has played a poo poo load of minutes recently and did okay?

Good job Emre Can, you're going to be remembered fondly I think.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, he's in that twilight zone of being good enough to think fondly of, but bad enough that I'm not particularly sad he's leaving.

We really do need another midfielder in the summer.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
sami khedira rules, i don't think any other footballer has killed a nation as utterly as his goal killed brazil

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

We really do need another midfielder in the summer.

You’re going to get a rehabilitated Danny Ings on a new contract and like it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Brony Car posted:

You’re going to get a rehabilitated Danny Ings on a new contract and like it.

Probably :(

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
emre can is a very good player that most football fans would be glad to have in their squad. not to mention he scored an insane wonder goal at the end of last season that got them into the champions league. liverpool fans smdh

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
emre can is a very good player that most football fans would be glad to have in their squad. not to mention he scored an insane wonder goal at the end of last season that got them into the champions league. liverpool fans smdh

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

can is the only defenisve midfielder in the liverpool squad and without him they're going to somehow be even more defensively open, imo

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Emre rules and is probably the only mentalist in our squad. We need more IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Can is not very good. I've said it many times but he's the kind of player who believes he's amazing at everything so he's willing to try those worldy goals and insane passes, and 1 time out of 10 they work and he looks like a highlight reel genius, but the other 9 times he just loses possession with a dumb dribble or shot into the stands or pass over someone's head.

He's actually legitimately consistently good at one thing and that's being a defensive midfielder/adventurous centre back, but imo when he plays further forward than a role that requires him to win possession/foul people and then pass the ball to someone better, he reveals his own weaknesses and tbh most of his weaknesses are mental, in his inability to recognize the limitations of his own game and play within them.

That all being said, he's the only defensive midfielder in the squad so I don't want to lose him without a replacement, and since he's so overhyped I would prefer to sell him for big money rather than let him leave on a free but oh well :shrug:

PS no hard feelings on Coutinho, he gave us a ton of games and goals, he was for the most part a professional about wanting to leave and we sold him for an enormous sum of money, gj everyone involved

• Locked thread