Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

NTRabbit posted:

The Arsenal have signed 20 year old 6'4 centre back Konstantinos Mavropanos from PAS Giannina.

I've heard of neither the player nor the club, so it checks out.

I was trying to figure out what the pun was but this is a real thing that happened lmao. Kid has 3 goals in 14 games as a centre back in the powerhouse Greek Superleague. That's Theo Walcott off to Southampton then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

tarbrush posted:

Still can't quite get my head round the idea that Coutinho is the second most expensive footballer ever. He's really loving good, but I don't think even in our boomiest moments we'd have compared him to Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi or whoever.

Yeah. This is also different to Suarez leaving which basically kneecapped the club after Rodgers spent the best part of two years building the team around him. Coutinho is indeed really loving good and his free kicks and trickery in and around the box will be greatly missed but Liverpool don't rely on him like they did Suarez. I wish him well, the little poo poo. Hopefully a decent goalie can come in soon.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

He has a turning circle to rival an ocean liner and just isn't fast enough. Most every goal he scores is a worldie though, so there's that.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Arsenal gonna just sell everyone and see what happens. A bold new strategy from Wenger.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

I won't believe it until I hear the Nicolas Anelka music.

• Locked thread