Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brendan Rodgers posted:

It's gonna get a lot worse for Arsenal before it gets better and that owns. Transition.

wow thanks opta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

trem_two posted:

Wesley Sneijder is transferring to a Qatari club, presumably also to die, in his case it'll be heat stroke

Nah dude he'll just play in those air conditioned stadiums that they definitely have under the artificial clouds that also definitely exist

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42586383

Yeah Cenk Tosun to Everton for 27m is a done deal

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Can is not very good. I've said it many times but he's the kind of player who believes he's amazing at everything so he's willing to try those worldy goals and insane passes, and 1 time out of 10 they work and he looks like a highlight reel genius, but the other 9 times he just loses possession with a dumb dribble or shot into the stands or pass over someone's head.

He's actually legitimately consistently good at one thing and that's being a defensive midfielder/adventurous centre back, but imo when he plays further forward than a role that requires him to win possession/foul people and then pass the ball to someone better, he reveals his own weaknesses and tbh most of his weaknesses are mental, in his inability to recognize the limitations of his own game and play within them.

That all being said, he's the only defensive midfielder in the squad so I don't want to lose him without a replacement, and since he's so overhyped I would prefer to sell him for big money rather than let him leave on a free but oh well :shrug:

PS no hard feelings on Coutinho, he gave us a ton of games and goals, he was for the most part a professional about wanting to leave and we sold him for an enormous sum of money, gj everyone involved

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

kcer posted:

who would you have instead of Can

e sniper snypa hell yea sniped this page, get in

idk man im not a scout but ive watched can play for years and he just isn't very good so someone else i guess? :shrug:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

What is it with African strikers other than Drogba who just can't do it in the Prem?

United bought Mame Diouf as a striker and now he's a quality right wing back for insanely bad Stoke.

Demba Ba scored 36 goals in 66 Prem games before joining Chelsea.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The FA cup is not a major trophy :colbert:

look at this post

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Mkhitaryan coming the other way would make things more interesting and in the end could be good if he ever plays as well as he did at dortmund

I'm sure this player swap deal, like all other rumoured player swap deals, is definitely real and will happen

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I’d argue he wouldn’t make Liverpool any better because they don’t need more goals they need less conceding of goals.

On the other hand we used to have four really good attackers which allowed some rotation and now we only have three, so adding Sanchez to replace Coutinho would help the squad remain consistent over the course of a full season.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ozmunkeh posted:

Arsenal gonna just sell everyone and see what happens. A bold new strategy from Wenger.

His plan is to win something with kids

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
They're going to bring Drogba out of retirement

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

MrBling posted:

On the other hand, Roma are getting like €40m for a nearly 32 year old Edin Dzeko.

Edin Dzeko is good

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

actually I think you'll find that it's imbued with the pioneering spirit of great United number 7s like Lee Sharpe and Danny "not that one" Wallace

Don't forget England Superstar Michael Owen

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

Where would he play when Liverpool already have Firminho, Mane, and Salah who play the same role?

Squad rotation and competition would help Liverpool remain more consistent over the course of the season, which is made more difficult by the fact that Coutinho left

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Aubameyang realized Arsenal were the only ones bidding for him and became well-behaved again lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mickolution posted:

Yeah, I'm curious about this as well. He's scored 2 in 9 in the league this season. I can't remember the last league game he started and he's been shite all season. It does leave us a little light on numbers, but I would rather see some of the young players get a run than Sturridge, who clearly doesn't fit into our system at the moment.

Also Ings seems to be Klopp's preferred backup striker at the moment anyway

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Was the rumour he was actually injured with the sad brains all false? Like, not Clarke Carlisle style but I heard he had found god and wasn’t interested in football anymore.

there was an amazing rumour that he thought scoring goals was an affront to Christian faith or something but I'm pretty sure it was just a good joke someone made up on facebook

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

giroud is still arsenals best striker but he looks bad because hes not good at headers even though hes six foot two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R_MHAUhSBE

e: loving lmao

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 30, 2018

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mean Bean Machine posted:

remember when someone here said Giroud was one of the six best strikers in the world? i remember. i'll never forget it.

Bogan Krkic posted:

i remember this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

RideTheSpiral posted:

that’s a nice farewell gift for him

edit: sorry misread

lmao

• Locked thread