Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Apparently the Coutinho deal has been kind of agreed, £106m up front and £34m in achievable add ons (ie appearances and club trophies rather than Ballon d'Or wins)

And we're apparently now in for Mahrez to replace him.

It's not ideal, but in the circumstances it's probably the best we could have done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

RideTheSpiral posted:

seems like mahrez is the least klopp player in the whole league

He's been pretty good in Leicester's ultra counter attacking system. He's not the most committed defender though.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Brony Car posted:

Source? What I've read says that Coutinho still wants to move but that Liverpool are also pretty committed to keeping him to the end of the season. The people who are convinced that a deal has been done (like Balague) are a bit unreliable

Those numbers might to match this Melissa Reddy story, but she's saying that the bid has not been accepted yet. I think if Coutinho has convinced Liverpool that he cannot stay, they will still try to squeeze out a higher offer.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/coutinho-skips-liverpool-trip-as-his-record-transfer-to/m1vocmx26x421jpv1hv1uus0j

Talksport and the Independent

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
They want him, and because they're Barcelona they want him now.

Coutinho wants to go because he's an ACL tear from the move falling apart forever

There's a rumour that he'll be in Barcelona tonight to watch their game, which would be pretty conclusive

tarbrush fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 6, 2018

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Still can't quite get my head round the idea that Coutinho is the second most expensive footballer ever. He's really loving good, but I don't think even in our boomiest moments we'd have compared him to Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi or whoever.

Apparently some of the money is going to be spent on Alisson or Oblak. Given that Alisson is ahead of Ederson in the Brazil team, that would be some loving upgrade over our current chuckle brothers.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Brazilian twitter has just come alive with rumours we've started negotiating with Roma for Alisson.

:gizz:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, he's in that twilight zone of being good enough to think fondly of, but bad enough that I'm not particularly sad he's leaving.

We really do need another midfielder in the summer.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Brony Car posted:

You’re going to get a rehabilitated Danny Ings on a new contract and like it.

Probably :(

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ninpo posted:

I really don't get what happened to Wenger. He went from a very real thorn in SAF's side to this laughable mockery of a manger that makes the same mistakes over and over and over again. I genuinely don't understand how or why.

He got old and bought into his own hype.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I do love that Arsene's answer to concerns about squad size and motivation is to sell one of his more useful and loyal players.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Neat

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I'm sincerely hoping that Mignolet being dropped today means that we're going to move for Alisson this window

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Better sign Alisson, who I’m sure all of these posters have definitely seen play and know all about

I've watched over two YouTube compilations thank you very much :colbert:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Shrapnig posted:

He's also isn't cup-tied in the Champions League or FA Cup this season.

Doesn't the UEFA Cup cup tie him for the champions league?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
£350K/week seems like a lot, even for him. Still, manu basically have all the money so who cares, he'll definitely help them.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Brony Car posted:

There is some truth to that, but wihout him and without Origi, the only non-Firmino option is Danny Ings.

And I don’t see Liverpool being able to buy another good striker this window given the realistic options and FSG’s spending policy.

Solanke?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

T Bowl posted:

So everyone is talking about who will replace Sanchez but now who will replace Theo?!!!

Hadn't he played roughly zero times so far this season? I'm pretty sure they have a random fast and totally unskilled 18 year old French kid who can replace 90% of his production

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I guess he is basically the only fast person at Everton

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

ephex posted:

Goretzka to Bayern next season on a free transfer is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/s04/status/954293041837363200

Well that was hilariously inevitable

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

blue footed boobie posted:

BVB have confirmed Arsenal made a bid for Auba. Supposedly €50m. They’re going to gently caress this up.

How much do you think they'd consider a serious bid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Sounds like he's in between a rock and a hard table

Lol

• Locked thread