Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Paging Evilhawk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I have it here in my notes that Pissflaps is a transfer thread enthusiast. It’s in ink, so it can’t be changed. I’m sorry.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I’m glad that Pissflaps has made this transfer thread.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I don’t know about you all, but I’m an loving psyched to have signed a 20 year old who made 2 starts last year for a team that finished in the bottom half of the Greek Superleague.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brendan Rodgers posted:

It's gonna get a lot worse for Arsenal before it gets better and that owns. Transition.

This is true, but only because the club has been mismanaged and not because of Wengy leaving.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

brocked posted:

Is Goretzka off to Bayern for real, or is Wenger going to splash the cash?

I haven't seen anything saying that Arsenal are in for him, but he certainly wouldn't want to go to Arsenal if Bayern are in for him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

He and Mascherano probably got enough money from that incredibly shady and probably illegal deal that sent them to West Ham a decade ago.

I'm sure Tevez did ok at United, City, and Juve too.

Imagine thinking anyone but Joorabchian got that money.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

tarbrush posted:

Still can't quite get my head round the idea that Coutinho is the second most expensive footballer ever. He's really loving good, but I don't think even in our boomiest moments we'd have compared him to Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi or whoever.

That’s because he’s not worth £142m

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I’m glad that Arsenal really showed everyone by holding out this summer.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope that Arsenal do some transfer stuff to try to stop their slow lurch towards catastrophe.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

For Italian stuff, yeah. But he’s not particularly good outside of Italy.

Seems like Sanchez to City for a fee in this area is definitely happening, though. I just hope Wengy wraps it up soon so that Arsenal can get some players in.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Arsenal won’t buy anyone of note this window I think, the plan now is limp through the league, try and win the europa league, massive rebuilding job in summer (please god Wenger retire and let the new guys plus new manager do the rebuild - he’s going to sign Fellaini on a loving free isn’t he).

I don’t think they really have a choice about signing new players. The squad is bad, and there are so many players with contracts expiring in the next year that they couldn’t really do a rebuild in one summer.

I’m starting to hope that the club is actually preparing for life after Wengy. They hired a “director of football relations” and “head of recruitment,” titles that sound like they’re actually trying to have some frame work in place outside of Wengy. Wengy didn’t seem too happy about the hiring of either of them, too.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Libertine posted:

Arsenal need about 4-5 new first team and 4-5 new second team players all across the pitch. Their team has just stagnated for so long with lack of transfer moves. Meanwhile, what should be their competition has been in for transfer activity in the hundreds of millions. Arsenal were 15th out of 20 EPL teams in transfer spending this summer, that's straight up indefensible for a big club with as many depth problems as they have. They continue to be one of the highest revenue teams in the league and they just sit on it non-stop while their ownership and management refuse to make competitive bids for star players. It's honestly disgusting.

I think your projection for the number of players is right. And not just because of the quality of the players. Alexis, Ozil, Wilshere, Ramsey, Giroud, Cech, Cazorla, Monreal, and Ospina are all heading into the last year of their contract, and we’re getting to the point that it’s conspicuous that they have not signed extensions. Debuchy is on his way out, Cazorla died, Koscielny seems to be on the decline. Not to mention that Mustafi and supposedly Bellerin wanted out this summer. There are just a ton of moves to be made if Arsenal want to field a team that isn’t Lacazette, Elneny, and a bunch of youth team players in the next few years.

I don’t understand what’s going on with Coquelin. He’s a limited player, but he’s competent and reliable for what he does. He’s certainly better than Elneny who is an absolute shithouse. I don’t understand why Coquelin has fallen so far out of favor of why Arsenal seem to be happy to move him on.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

Football dying has demoted all trophies bar the Champions League, the World Cup, the Premier League and Liga, and the Ballon D'Or to minor trophy status I guess. Rip.

You forgot the Deloitte Money League.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

United have apparently put in a £25m bid for Alexis.

I’m so glad arsenal showed everyone and made Alexis stay for another four months.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

He hasn't played a game in ages and the fee is wayyyy more than he's worth, nbd to be honest

£12m seems like a fair price for him?

IMO he should have been getting more playing time, and Arsenal are already looking short of quality in midfield. At the moment Xhaka, Elneny, and Maitland Niles (who has never played a premier league match in the center of midfield) are the only healthy midfielders. And Now I guess we’re short at fullback?

greazeball posted:

Everybody should, what squad wouldn't he improve and what better player could anyone get for that price? And you destabilise Arsenal while driving up the price for City.

I get the impression that his wage demands are really astronomical, and he is 29 so clubs may be put off to the extent he’s looking for a long term contract. It is still surprising more teams aren’t in for him, though.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 11, 2018

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

he was immediately shipped out on loan lol

edit: turns out im loving retarded and gay
and also wrong about this post.

Wengy immediately said he was going out on loan because he was angry they gave the new scout a fancy new title, but then he actually had a look at the kid and decided to keep him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The kid was scouted by the new guy rather than Wenger? That’s very promising.

Supposedly the Greek kid and Malcolm are the new guy’s picks. Ornstein said Sanchez will go if Arsenal can find a replacement, and their primary target is Malcolm, so I guess that’s real.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Blue Star Error posted:

Malcom, its easy to remember because it rhymes with Jordom

Jordon

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
City apparently don’t want Sanchez because Arsenal are demanding too much money (£35m)

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Sanchez leaving is imminent, apparently. Where he’s going is not really clear? United, I guess. I would have preferred City.

I’m just happy that he’s being shipped out and Arsenal are apparently starting to rebuild.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Sanchez is A Good Player. He seems to be better as a striker than winger at this point in his career, but he would make any team in the PL better.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I’m getting mildly excited about this and it’s annoying me.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Why would he go to arsenal lol

Why can't we just sell Alexis outright to Man Utd, even though it's loving stupid, it's still the only club willing to pay our asking price.

Buy Auba, Malcom and tempt Leicester into selling Mahrez. Tie down Ozil who will be sporting a chubby when he knows how many assists he'll get next season.

We're selling Walcott. Coq is gone. So the money is definitely there to buy + wages and we'll be a lot stronger than we are currently.

Then we go for a EL trophy, get guaranteed CL, and look at a GK & DM in the summer.

OK, it sounds very Football Manager-y, but we have to do something or we'll be lucky to get top 10, let alone top 6 or 4.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

This is pure fantasy

It is.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mr Snips posted:

Arsenal could have the best front three in the world and they'd still struggle to win games with Xhaka in midfield

Yeah, the midfield is an absolute mess. None of their current midfielders seem suited to playing in a two man midfield, and it is A Problem.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Because Arsene always buys attacking players when his team is 'under performing/dog poo poo'

His move is always to buy another attacking player whenever the team is in trouble. He's been complaining about Arsenal not being "dangerous," too.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Aubamayang has supposedly put in a transfer request

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ungratek posted:

I can't believe Carroll is 29. What a waste his career was

It has to be one of the funniest of all time, though.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Working for Liverpool.

Regarding the Arsenal midfield problem any other manager would have resolved it but Wenger will have faith in Wilshere even if he has a leg amputated.

A friend of mine who worked on the Pogba reveal video 4 days before it was announced and had to sign a NDA etc is telling me ‘he has a very strong feeling Sánchez to United is already done’ so take from that what you will.

Ornstein did a post about it. Apparently it’s an honest-to-god swap deal that is close to happening. Only hold up is Mkhitaryan, who understandably is not to keen on playing for Arsenal.

Walcott is almost done, too.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Slotducks posted:

Why would anyone join the HMS Arse at this point?

Supposedly they were going to give Sanchez his crazy money, so I assume they have earmarked some big wages for his replacement. Aubameyang seems to be melting down at Dortmund, too.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

How has Thomas Lemar played this season? He was pretty sought after in the summer, surprised there hasn't been a deal yet.

Lemar is the new M’Vila. He’ll be linked to everyone for five years and then he’ll gently caress off to Russia.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Seems a bit weird. Wengy hasn’t really said anything about Aubameyang.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Manchester United have been busy this transfer window, and they have a tasty done deal.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-of-Yanmar.aspx

This new signing offers advanced design, unmatched power and simple yet sturdy functionality come together in Yanmar’s new addition to its flagship model YT Series, making this premium tractor a vital addition to the expert grounds team at the club, who recently won Premier League Grounds Team of the Season for 2016/17.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Looks like Aubameyang is just about done. He's supposedly agreed personal terms and isn't traveling for Dortmund's next game.

It's happening.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

T Bowl posted:

So is wenger going to push lacazette out wide or have two up front then.

I have to imagine Aubameyang will be the one to go out wide.

I wonder if this means Ozil is gone. There are only a few formations that could accommodate Ozil, Lacazette, and Aubameyang in their best positions, and Wengy doesn’t seem like he would switch to a diamond or 3-5-2 any time soon.

e: I forgot about Mhkitaryan. Not sure Wengy has a plan at all here.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 18, 2018

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Jose has completely broken Conte’s mind.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

I was going to make a post lamenting the lack of width in that formation then I remembered Arsenal have no width of note anyway

No width and no sensible combination in midfield. Even if Arsenal get Aubameyang and Mhkitaryan, there isn’t any team that they can play that seems particularly good.

The diamond discussed above gets the most of Arsenal’s expensive players on the field, but Wenger would never try it. Most likely he’d go with a 4-2-3-1 and hope the front 4 are talented enough to paper over the cracks.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Soulex posted:

Aubameyang isn't starting, and isn't a substitute. They are playing Schurrle up top for whatever reason.

He didn’t travel with Dortmund because I t’s happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/19/pep-guardiola-man-city-had-signed-alexis-sanchez-would-have/amp/

Alexis’ wages were too much for City.

• Locked thread