Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Gigi Galli posted:

Heh

Looks like Lisandro Lopez is gonna sign for Inter soon. I remember him being good a year or two ago. He's poo poo now I hope.

isn't he like 35?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

trem_two posted:

This is a different Lisandro Lopez to the one you're thinking of

there really should be a law against football players using the same name as another.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Still laughing at Chelsea being interested in Andy Carroll and not walking away when West Ham told them that a six-month loan was out of the question and to pay £20m for him please.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Gigi Galli posted:

Arsenal are the Roma of England.

Speaking of, Chelsea might actually sign Dzeko and Emerson Palmieri, and James Palotta saying "Roma are not a supermarket for other clubs" is getting funnier by the day.

On the other hand, Roma are getting like €40m for a nearly 32 year old Edin Dzeko.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/Inter/status/955507857381670912

I guess Rafinha was bad after all, since Barcelona let him go to Inter.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Ninpo posted:

An actual link or quote to numbers saying he's on more than Pogba and Zlatan would be cool and good. He's not on half a million a week the papers are full of it.

Enough googling now he's signed will tell you his actual wage, since United are publicly traded.

https://twitter.com/jamiejackson___/status/955515189285261313

Seems more likely imo.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/SivassporKulubu/status/955685803597889536

Robinho has gone to Turkey. I guess they don't have an extradition treaty with Italy?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Newcastle being linked to a Danish from Feyenoord is déjà vu all over again.

Hopefully they can use him better than they did with Jon Dahl Tomasson.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/27/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-80m-player

quote:

“When you are trying to handle four competitions and such a lot of fixtures you either have to be lucky with injuries or have 22 top players to compete,” the City manager said. “And at today’s prices to have 22 top players you need to find – maybe people don’t believe me – money we don’t have. City are not so different from other clubs. There are salaries we cannot pay. There are transfers we cannot afford. That’s why academies are so important because you must find players of your own.”

José Mourinho derided City earlier in the season for spending “striker-type money” on a new set of full-backs, overlooking his own contribution to the inflationary spiral with the fees paid for Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku. At a time when even Liverpool have just spent £75m on a defender, City’s biggest buy is still the £55m capture of Kevin De Bruyne three years ago. “Maybe it will happen in the future but so far we have not spent £100m on one player, or £90m or £80m,” Guardiola pointed out. “We cannot pay that right now, they tell me. That is the truth. Of course, we have spent a lot of money, but only the same as other teams. I can assure you that we are not the only team in the world that spends money. There are many others.”

I'm pretty sure that Manchester City could pay whatever they want, but of course Pep can't just come out and say that.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Skysports are saying that Spurs have agreed a £25m deal for Lucas Moura, so I guess thats about a 50/50 to happen.

I dunno if he's still any good, but having another guy to play on the wings wouldn't be bad.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Crystal Palace are seriously paying somewhere between £12m and £15m for a big Norwegian striker who has only really been good for six months in the Danish league.

That has to be peak deadline day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Van der Wiel signed for a MLS club for 220k. He was at PSG not long ago, wtf happened

turns out he was actually really bad once he left Ajax.

• Locked thread