Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Barkley's career trajectory has been a peaks and troughs affair, ending ultimately in a downward spiral of continued injuries and never hitting any sort of solid form when he was actually fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Brony Car posted:

Maybe my memory is wonky, but didn't Koeman throw Barkley under the bus during press interviews a couple of times too ? If your manager is happy to use you as a scapegoat, it's going to make any player's time at a club pretty miserable.

When I've seen him, I thought he had enough potential to be a good squad player for Chelsea.

Yeah, he's always had "potential" though and Koeman isn't the only manager to seem dissatisfied with him, I vaguely recall Martinez having frustrations with him too. He's 24 now and still only has "potential".

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

Can is not very good. I've said it many times but he's the kind of player who believes he's amazing at everything so he's willing to try those worldy goals and insane passes, and 1 time out of 10 they work and he looks like a highlight reel genius, but the other 9 times he just loses possession with a dumb dribble or shot into the stands or pass over someone's head.

Someone has to fill the wayward hollywood pass role vacated by Gerrard

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Wow if only Liverpool had a completely selfless midfielder who is 8/10 in everything and would calmly direct a team towards victory, a premier league winner completely unfazed by any challenge put before him...

I think Ji Sung Park has retired m8

blue footed boobie posted:

so that Arsenal can get some players in.

:laffo:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

sebzilla posted:

Whoa now, where did the extra £6,000 come from?

Brexit.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Doubt he'd be walking if it was before..

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Because outside of a couple of good performances he's poo poo.

I heard Koscielny pretty much carries a permanent injury now.

I really don't get what happened to Wenger. He went from a very real thorn in SAF's side to this laughable mockery of a manger that makes the same mistakes over and over and over again. I genuinely don't understand how or why.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I wish I the FA Cup was a major trophy but we only have to look at the calibre of finalists prior to last year. Hardly the grandiose spectacle it used to be.

This is entirely the FA's fault. Scheduling for the Christmas period to now has been loving insane, no wonder reserves are being trotted out for the third round when some teams have played 5 matches since Boxing Day at this point, a lot with only a couple of days between them.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Brony Car posted:

How would you fix it?

*drops the Winter Break grenade and runs*

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Honestly think the coq is the best of our 3 Dm's. Sad to see him go

This is some textbook damning with faint praise there PD

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I -think- the 3pm blackout only applies to Saturdays but I could be wrong.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Cursory Googling only seems to mention Saturdays :shrug:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blimey, doesn't seem that long ago he was at Udinese being raved about.

fake edit: loving hell that was nearly 10 years ago :stare:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Star Error posted:

You're thinking of Glenn Hoddle

loving lol

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
What happened to the other poo poo English speed merchant Everton had? (Aaron Lennon)

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Sanchez just seems to be throwing a perpetual tantrum at the fact his career is winding down. Is there any truth to the rumour I keep hearing that he refuses to pass to certain team mates?

I can't see Mourinho putting up with that sort of attitude for long, so the deal (assuming any validity to it at all) doesn't make a lot of sense.

manutdtransfers.txt

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This sounds like crazy conspiracy theories made up to give better reasons for "Arsenal are poo poo".

I mean "Arsenal player doesn't pick obvious pass" is hardly back page news.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ninpo posted:

This sounds like crazy conspiracy theories made up to give better reasons for "Arsenal are poo poo".

I mean "Arsenal player doesn't pick obvious pass" is hardly back page news.

Unless it's Betr Cech :D

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Aubamayang has supposedly put in a transfer request

To Klopp haha

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

nice of rooney to pick theo up from the airport

Nice of them to give Frank Skinner a lift

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
United is where Dortmund's star number 10s go to die

See: Kagawa, Shinji

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I thought he's spent most of this season playing around with 3 at the back much as a toddler would play around with a toy piano, could there actually have been a vision behind that?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I was going to make a post lamenting the lack of width in that formation then I remembered Arsenal have no width of note anyway

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So the number 7 shirt essentially died with Ronaldo, then

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

West007 posted:

Sanchez and his lazy performances for Arsenal in the last year haven't convinced me at all. I'd rather have Martial on the left. What would the front three look like anyway? Alexis on the left, Martial on the right and Lukaku as CF?

I expect Sanchez to start behind Lukaku rather than out wide. Mourinho obviously feels he's lacking an advanced playmaker. Mkhitarian had a great start to the season but had a run where his assists just dried up, as soon as Pogba was out with injury/suspension that was it, zero creativity in the middle of the pitch and United were back to pushing it out wide and trying to cross to Lukaku, or endless attempts by Martial to cut inside and make something himself.

A creative player linking play between midfield and the wings behind the striker is probably United's weakest position, currently being papered over by Lingard's purple patch. If the more vintage Sanchez turns up, great, but even allowing for "lol Arsenal" I'm not thrilled by the transfer given his performance and attitude the last couple of seasons.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This is an absolutely awful idea. Might as well plug him in at cb.

Sanchez was absolutely fantastic last season stop being revisionist.

Doesn't he play centrally for his country?

I thought the Sanchez "drama" started last season, maybe I'm thinking of Ozil being patchy, it's hard to keep track of the disinterested players at Arsenal

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

NTRabbit posted:

£130.3m

£450k a week for four and a half years, plus a £10m sign on bonus, and £15mill for his manager

An actual link or quote to numbers saying he's on more than Pogba and Zlatan would be cool and good. He's not on half a million a week the papers are full of it.

Enough googling now he's signed will tell you his actual wage, since United are publicly traded.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bea Nanner posted:

it is honestly a mystery what will happen now that sanchez doesnt take everything on himself

Ozil will do it instead and live perpetually offside like last night

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

trem_two posted:

He also returned to training with Dortmund today.

Trust Arsenal to fail to sign a player that is incredibly unsettled at their current club lol

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Batshuayi does well again to continue to not be picked in the league and Chelsea continue to be linked with anyone tall to get on the end of Dave's crosses.

Was Conte weird like this at previous clubs?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

gently caress sake he's going to west brom

https://twitter.com/CaulkinTheTimes...s-live-14214416

Well sure, he and Pardew can do poo poo dances together

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Was the rumour he was actually injured with the sad brains all false? Like, not Clarke Carlisle style but I heard he had found god and wasn’t interested in football anymore.

He's always done the sign of the cross thing hasn't he?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
He's barely been picked even when "fit" has he? Can't imagine Sturridge getting his gegenpress on

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

there was an amazing rumour that he thought scoring goals was an affront to Christian faith or something but I'm pretty sure it was just a good joke someone made up on facebook

Surely only if they come from crosses :v:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Rumour on the bbc gossip roundup that David Luiz could be offered as a makeweight in the Giroud deal :allears:

:pray:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe he'll make a concession for the playing time in lieu of the world cup

Lol

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Byolante posted:

If somebody asked me what the anthropomorphic personification of arsenal defending was I could think of nothing other than David Luiz

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
£18m seems a loving steal, is his contract up?

e: or are Chelsea outbusinessing Arsenal again because they know they're desperate to sell? That said, Chelsea are pretty desperate to buy...

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnig posted:

Nope, contract runs through next season. He will be 32 this year.

32 isn't that old for a striker like Giroud he's never been a pace merchant

Arsenal seem to have given up on Lacazette pretty fast, he gave Squilacci more time than this and he was a loving garbagefire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I hope Giroud is confirmed and then Auba’s medical gets failed.

Come on it's Arsenal, he could turn up with one leg taped on with duct tape and the other looking like it's been through a combine harvester and Arsenal would still sign him.

Remember when they signed a guy with a broken back?

• Locked thread