Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

Where is Mkhitaryan going I wonder

Back to Dortmund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

if virgil is off to klopp i guess jonny evans is getting a champions league medal this year then

They give out participation medals in the Champions League?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

no, he's poo poo.

He is, but he’s also out of contract at the end of the season.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

That’s what i thought. Lmao at losing 35m because????

Chelsea had £35m accepted this summer as well but Barkley hosed off the medical or something.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

This will be his third time playing for them, guess he got enough Chinese money

He and Mascherano probably got enough money from that incredibly shady and probably illegal deal that sent them to West Ham a decade ago.

I'm sure Tevez did ok at United, City, and Juve too.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Tevez scored 4 goals, made like $20m, absolutely shat on the Chinese league and players about their lack of quality in the press, missed about half of the team's games, then hosed off home to Argentina to force a transfer.

It's the ur Tevez experience.

Poster with the fatty Higuain AV has a good point.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Don't mistype your signature in your posts.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brony Car posted:

I've been asking myself that quite a lot. He's strong and has a good attitude, but is prone to lapses in defensive concentration and positioning. Despite his faults, he's very versatile, so you can field him as a CB in a back 3, or use him as a box-to-box marauder. He fancies himself as a DM, but he's not disciplined enough to do it very well at Liverpool.

I'm not sure how that works when you translate it all to Serie A.

You might see a lot of this too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC6yeWbvgWk

A lot of him scoring once every 12 games at best?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's the new Sami Khedira. Not particularly good at anything yet keeps playing for big clubs and getting picked by Germany.

Holy poo poo, Sami Khedira is still only 30.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lucas Leiva.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Demba Ba rattled them in for west ham and Newcastle, Chelsea just mis used him

What is it with African strikers other than Drogba who just can't do it in the Prem?

United bought Mame Diouf as a striker and now he's a quality right wing back for insanely bad Stoke.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

United have apparently put in a £25m bid for Alexis.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Wenger has always stated that he's vehemently against any kind of Messi-style regen.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nah it’s cool. They suck at transfers too.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's also isn't cup-tied in the Champions League or FA Cup this season.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tarbrush posted:

Doesn't the UEFA Cup cup tie him for the champions league?

Nope.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/904649/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Alexis-Sanchez-Arsenal-Champions-League

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

Probably because they're a historically successful club with european football, and are willing to pay high wages op

Well they have Europa League football and are in a position in the table where they're not in Europe next season.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Just need to do what Utd did last season and win the Europa League then.

Counterpoint: Arsenal's squad is insanely bad and there are much better teams in the Europa League this season as opposed to last.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Alexis has agreed personal terms with United for some ridiculous amount of money.

Deal now hinging on Mkhitaryan.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sure they were.

If City had wanted Sanchez that badly his wages wouldn't have mattered.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

So the number 7 shirt essentially died with Ronaldo, then

It’s a shirt number, who loving cares.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Arsenal really needed another central midfielder with no defensive workrate.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Anime_Ladies.html posted:

laporte for £58m, meaning city have spent £200m on their defense just this season

Broke their transfer record for a 24 year old uncapped French centre half.

The world has gone mad.

Edit: Sorry, he's 23 but he's also a La Liga defender.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 24, 2018

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I give him three years before he turns into Anderson

Anderson had already won 5 trophies and the Golden Boy at United by the time he was Kenedy's age.

And Copa America.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jason Sextro posted:

Neven Subotic is apparently close to a free transfer to St. Etienne? I assumed he'd be better than a free transfer to ASSE, given he played for Dortmund - what's his deal?

He's a permacrock.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's still only 28!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

maybe he never had it? ozil get his umlauts but no apostrophe for poor david?

Have you ever heard a Scot speak? There's no space between words let alone punctuation.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Reprisal posted:

looking forward to seeing ‘yang up front for Manchester United

He'll end up in France or Spain if he doesn't sign for Arsenal.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

paddyboat posted:

Klopp has a big ole hug ready and waiting for Auboomerang

Where would he play when Liverpool already have Firminho, Mane, and Salah who play the same role?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

United's done with Dortmund, I'd think.

Until they sign Christman Fullysick in two years when he's the best attacking midfielder in the world.

(He won't be, they won't)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Squad rotation and competition would help Liverpool remain more consistent over the course of the season, which is made more difficult by the fact that Coutinho left

So who becomes the squad player when Liverpool sign a forward who's rated at like £80m regardless of what Arsenal is bidding?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

Has any club actually made any proper bo signing from Dortmund except for Bayern? Seems like everyone leaves the club and turns into a big time failure

Barca signing Dembele for £100m?

He's only 20 and immediately got injured but he was incredible at Dortmund.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

Gundogan, after he came back to life, has been really really good.

Yeah that's the point, he hasn't actually done anything at Barca yet

Gundogan hasn't really done anything either.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

That's not giving him enough credit. He's behind Silva and de Bruyne of course, but he's played plenty in the team at the top of the league by 12 points, and looked like he belonged. He's slotted in when Silva was in Spain and the team kept churning out results.

Paperhouse said most players who left Dortmund have been failures, he hasn't, and cost something like £20m.

He's been 3rd or 4th choice at City, does weil in Cup games, gets 15 minutes at the end of League matches that are wrapped up if and when he's fit. If he and Bernardo Silva are content being that kind of player more power to them. Get your money.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

he's still arguably first choice for australia up front op, he owns and will play forever

I love Tim Cahill and want to hug and kiss him and it's cool that he's going to go punch corner flags for Miwaw again.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

T Bowl posted:

Send him to Turkey or something for fucks sake.

Wenger could just play him since he scores every loving match when he comes off the bench.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

now we know who had his ear

Would you say the bird is the word?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

This is bizarre.

He's only 23 which blows my mind.

He's played for Barcelona, Everton, Sevilla, Milan, and now Watford. He's made 10 league appearances for Barca this season so he'll get a winners medal in May.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 30, 2018

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

City have spent another £57m on a defender but Pep “can’t afford” to spend £80m.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/30/manchester-city-break-transfer-record-sign-aymeric-laporte-athletic-bilbao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

£18m seems a loving steal, is his contract up?

e: or are Chelsea outbusinessing Arsenal again because they know they're desperate to sell? That said, Chelsea are pretty desperate to buy...

Nope, contract runs through next season. He will be 32 this year.

• Locked thread