Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Weaponized Cum posted:

Tevez back to Boca Juniors is a done deal

This will be his third time playing for them, guess he got enough Chinese money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

They've actually done it

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/951469542387134465

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Ninpo posted:

I was going to make a post lamenting the lack of width in that formation then I remembered Arsenal have no width of note anyway

Mkhitaryan should be wide enough

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Akileese posted:

Simon Stone was on BBC 5 live and said United committed to paying Sanchez £180M over four years. I'm guessing that includes a lot of bonuses, but holy loving poo poo.

As much as I would love to laugh at this forever, there's no loving way.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

It's this

Diva Cupcake posted:

Telling De Bruyne they’re going to pay a worse player twice as much as him would probably be an uncomfortable conversation.

and the fact that they agreed to everything, then Sanchez('s agent) came back after United made their offer and demanded more. Also City have a wage structure of a :airquote:low:airquote: base salary and a lot of bonuses, and Sanchez wanted a higher base which would have I guess remained in effect until he's 33.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

City are probably signing Laporte and Fred

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/955939058252951558

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Shrapnig posted:

So who becomes the squad player when Liverpool sign a forward who's rated at like £80m regardless of what Arsenal is bidding?

They could all just take turns starting from the bench. I'm sure any 3 of those 4 would be a terrifying front 3.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Paperhouse posted:

Has any club actually made any proper bo signing from Dortmund except for Bayern? Seems like everyone leaves the club and turns into a big time failure

Gundogan, after he came back to life, has been really really good.

Shrapnig posted:

Barca signing Dembele for £100m?

He's only 20 and immediately got injured but he was incredible at Dortmund.

Yeah that's the point, he hasn't actually done anything at Barca yet

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Shrapnig posted:

Gundogan hasn't really done anything either.

That's not giving him enough credit. He's behind Silva and de Bruyne of course, but he's played plenty in the team at the top of the league by 12 points, and looked like he belonged. He's slotted in when Silva was in Spain and the team kept churning out results.

Paperhouse said most players who left Dortmund have been failures, he hasn't, and cost something like £20m.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Shrapnig posted:

He's been 3rd or 4th choice at City, does weil in Cup games, gets 15 minutes at the end of League matches that are wrapped up if and when he's fit. If he and Bernardo Silva are content being that kind of player more power to them. Get your money.

You don't really get to complain when the team selected wins 17 league games in a row. Get some perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Shrapnig posted:

Mangala has gone to Everton on loan... maybe.

He has

• Locked thread