Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a reference to the ghostbusters because there isn't any organization in that movie abbreviated as G.B. that I can remember and I've seen it at least 10 times.

But the Ghostbusters are like hundreds of years short of being born, also they don't have phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

happyhippy posted:

I read the big metal spider boss fight was originally meant for some marvel hero movie or such and was laughed down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXdGFRSzT4k

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

504 posted:

But the Ghostbusters are like hundreds of years short of being born, also they don't have phones.

Jim west is a multidimensional lawman who is not bound by time.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

The best scene is when they need a distraction so Kevin Kline incites a lynch mob against Will Smith

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I remember liking this movie but I was also real retarded in middle school

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

4sho

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

dads friend steve posted:

I remember liking this movie but I was also real retarded in middle school

Counterpoint: Salma Hayek

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Jikes posted:

Counterpoint: Salma Hayek

She a real breath of fresh rear end

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
Aw hell naw

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

The Bananana posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Harald posted:

I get what you're saying but there is a scene where you can see Will Smith's private parts (wiki wiki wiki)

You love rewinding the tape to look at his junk and also you like to imagine sucking on it.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

this was my favorite movie as a kid and i still maintain its actually good and fun

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ0FgE-WKi8&t=103s

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Then he should go forward in time to see how the villian is defeated and then do that.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

504 posted:

Then he should go forward in time to see how the villian is defeated and then do that.

He's in the secret service so he usually can't find how

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

kazr posted:

now someone post his helldump meltdown lol

link please

edit: lol but where is the link

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 25, 2017

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
This cost a ridiculous amount of money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t_UuTCbCZU

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/thoughts-on-the-wild-wild-west-video-movie-awards-performance-for-absolutely-no-reason/

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Livin' in the 90s. Livin' in the wild, wild west.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

why in the gently caress did this happen lmao

also I wish sisqo had eaten poo poo off that jump

also stevie wonder why, how did they convince you to be in that

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Code Jockey posted:

also stevie wonder why, how did they convince you to be in that

Because the entire musical part of the song is just Stevie Wonders "I Wish".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYKYka-PNt0

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

Jikes posted:

I came to post this. Of course it already was, of course.

its actually a breast of fresh rear end

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The most offensive part of that VMA performance was that they cut out the best parts of the music video (which for the record is the best music video ever made) - Carlton Banks's cameo and when his suit changes color.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Skoll posted:

It was originally meant for the Nic Cage Superman Lives movie that Tim Burton was going to direct. You can google it, Kevin Smith was a writer for it and one of the producers had a massive hard-on for a giant metal spider as the end boss fight.

Honestly I think the only truly great thing Kevin Smith has ever put on video is his retelling of this event. It's utterly perfect.

happyhippy posted:

I read the big metal spider boss fight was originally meant for some marvel hero movie or such and was laughed down.

.... speaking of which I found myself remembering that when suffering through Justice League. Did the giant metal spider guy work on that too??

I am legitimately curious because it was the most out of nowhere loving metal spider since Wild Wild West. And the fact the spider was originally from a Superman movie. So now a giant metal spider is in another movie with Superman out of nowhere??

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Dec 25, 2017

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

Honestly I think the only truly great thing Kevin Smith has ever put on video is his retelling of this event. It's utterly perfect.

It was so good it basically gave Smith his real career which he uses to fund crappy movies.

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me
reminder that will smith turned down the role of neo in matrix for this

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

lost my retainer posted:

reminder that will smith turned down the role of neo in matrix for this

It may have been the wrong financial choice but it was definitely the correct artistic choice. I have wild wild west on both dvd and bluray but not one copy of hte matrix so I think that says something.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

https://youtu.be/g6aleKfM_AA

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It may have been the wrong financial choice but it was definitely the correct artistic choice. I have wild wild west on both dvd and bluray but not one copy of hte matrix so I think that says something.

I've got The Matrix on Blu-ray and WWW on HD-DVD

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I honestly can't decide if The Matrix would've been better with or without Keanu Reeves' "acting"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

MakaVillian posted:

I honestly can't decide if The Matrix would've been better with or without Keanu Reeves' "acting"

Now that I think about it the matrix might have been better if will had made a custom rap song for it to play during the credits. I still think he made the right choice though.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

MakaVillian posted:

Reeves fuckin' owns though. He may not be Daniel Day-Lewis as far as acting chops go, but this is still one of the best action scenes in movie history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTJlmlZWWHA

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Even as a kid I realized how ironic it was to have a Rage Against the Machine song during the credits of a major motion picture

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Word. I'll watch WWW anytime it comes on TV. I ain't watching the Matrix again anytime soon.

Kenneth Branagh is so good as the racist southerner.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Even as a kid I realized how ironic it was to have a Rage Against the Machine song during the credits of a major motion picture

wasn't that godzilla?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nah that was the Puff Daddy song that sampled Led Zeppelin. The Matrix used RatM. Pretty sure it was 'Killing in the Name of.'

Although even in the 90s it was a joke that RatM was so angry and anti-authority despite being on a major label.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
You can see it when he bounces down, too. Please do a screen of that.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
The rage song was “Wake Up”

Yw

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Electric Charity posted:

I came to post this. Of course it already was, of course.

its actually a breast of fresh rear end

No, it's a perfect double Freudian slip exchange, something like:
-She's a real breast of fresh air
-Lol, I told you she'd be a distraction
-What? I just said she's a real breath of fresh rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_AMPcFym0Q

• Locked thread