Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

Pad and Rutile as best couple or I'm not looking at the loving shitass pole

there's no best couple

if there was then i would have to kill them if they didn't include kobayashi and tohru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
poo poo... that's a pretty good couple

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What about Jean and Nino?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I've failed as a fujoshi and haven't seen ACCA sorry.

ditto for Rakugo even though I love Kumota's yaoi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh i wouldnt be surprised if they cut best couple just so they weren't accidentally advocating pedophilia again

though apparently the initial draft of the poll that they sent out to other anime news sites had nanashi from MiA as an option for best girl, even though nanashi isnt gendered :thinking:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

tbh i wouldnt be surprised if they cut best couple just so they weren't accidentally advocating pedophilia again

lmao what?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

lmao what?
one of the best couple nominees was the guy from erased, whos a 30 year old who gets brought back in time to his child self, and the like ten year old girl hes trying to save. he specifically tells himself that he has to erase whatever crush he had on her at that time from his mind because itd be insanely hosed up for him to even blush while looking at her. best couple.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Endorph posted:

one of the best couple nominees was the guy from erased, whos a 30 year old who gets brought back in time to his child self, and the like ten year old girl hes trying to save. he specifically tells himself that he has to erase whatever crush he had on her at that time from his mind because itd be insanely hosed up for him to even blush while looking at her. best couple.

ERASED

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
That's funny as hell bring back the best couple category

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

fine.

1. sachie and kaneko

kaneko was just your average girl, part of a schoolband and always hungry. then sachie came into her life and they developed a beautiful relationship. always ready to help a 'good friend' sachie is here, queer and ready to jam hijiki in .... her

2. viktoriya and potato

i wish i was that potato

3. the various machiavelli lasses

in a world of weak willed lasses, i applaud the machiavelli girls for violently taking whats theirs

4. aho

now this girl knows what she wants. and its bananas. that's healthy

5. kaori and film club senpai

with its 7 year duration, this is one of the longest lasting relationships in anime and we can all applaud kaori and masaki for showing us all even men and sex dolls can have happy relationships. keep it up!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
so is 1. the top spot or what. because in the traditional post format you scroll down as you read so really it should go 5. to 1. to build suspense for the greatest entry

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

pf! everyone's a critic, make your own list!

but also i just didn't think of it, its early

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Davincie posted:

pf! everyone's a critic, make your own list!

no im using yours. your opinion is mine now

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Maybe we should have a best continuing series category for anime that started before last year and are still going as of the end of the year.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Xinder posted:

Maybe we should have a best continuing series category for anime that started before last year and are still going as of the end of the year.

I'd phrase it as anime that has aired at least 30 (or maybe 35 or 40) episodes in the year gone, and is expected to continue in the new year. Then it includes new long-running series that have had a good chance to prove themselves as well.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Best couple is Nike and Kukuri
Worst couple is Nina and Hitler

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Xinder posted:

No it's fine dragon ball super can win best and worst in whatever year it finishes

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Might be a little late but if you wanted to argue about Kill La Kill you could do it here

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

unsticky this thread

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

unsticky my rear end

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Motto posted:

unsticky my rear end
All the rear end. None of the responsibility.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Motto posted:

unsticky my rear end

I'd offer some toilet paper, but I already used it all to wipe up your posts.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I'm sad we didn't get radar plots this year :(

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
guru guru didn't get a high enough score

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
actually wait, let me use STATISTICS.

Well, now it's clear to see.

2017 was a year which was dominated by one question: how much did you like Magical Circle Guru. On the one side you had the Cool People, led by me, Fangz and a few others. On the other you have those behind the ACCA-Landlust line, which can only stare enviously at those with good taste in anime. We should not hate these pathetic wretches, only pity them, for they have not seen the glory of kukuri and juju and the buttsword and the naked dancing old men.

Let us throw them a bone and pretend we live in some awful wretched universe where Guruguru wasn't even in the top 10.

In that disgusting, sickening nightmare, forum users are mainly divided, in the horizontal axis, by what I'd call the Anime Strike Axis. On the left hand side you have the good and pure Crunchyrolls, and the on the right you have the hostages of the Amazon machine, which I suppose everyone on the right paid to watch legitimately because lol. The Crunchyroll side has two main groups of anime - the drama shows with adults, like Rakugo, ACCA, March..., and the you have the lighter more comedic shows, like Konosuba, MMO Junkie, Dragon maid. (The y-axis is probably a measure of grimdarkness or something, which checks out from what I hear of Rakugo.)

Anime strike had four main shows: Landlust, Made in Abyss, Princess Principal, Girl's Last Tour, with the last two fairly correlated in appeal.

As always, simplifying somewhat, people close to you on this are probably similar in taste, though the amazon-strike thing probably makes this year a little less meaningful than before.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 23, 2018

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

:gizz:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i cant really parse these graphs but i think it means i have great taste

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Homura and Sickle posted:

i cant really parse these graphs but i think it means i have great taste

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Grownup adult shows ftw

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
those four amazon strike shows happened to be in my top 5 but i didnt pay for amazon strike i just happen to have the same taste in anime as whatever rear end in a top hat licenses poo poo at sentai apparently

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can't parse the first one since i'm in the middle of the good taste clusterfuck, but i guess kater and allarion are my anime buddies and i'm high on the grimdark adult axis

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
who the gently caress is that literally on top of my name? psyer?

looks like they have good taste.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
you would think it would be easy to find my long dumb name on charts

you'd be wrong

could you make this into a mcdonalds triangle so i can understand (thank you tho)

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Expect My Mom posted:

you'd be wrong

could you make this into a mcdonalds triangle so i can understand (thank you tho)

You merged with Cake Attack and are neighbors with Erg

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

you'd be wrong

you are right on top of me, directly right a little bit from showa genrouka rakugo

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I don't understand the methodology at all but my name appears pretty isolated which I take to mean that you are all crazy

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

the kitten, dog, and yak zone is the place to be

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Allarion posted:

You merged with Cake Attack and are neighbors with Erg

Cake Attack posted:

you are right on top of me, directly right a little bit from showa genrouka rakugo
aha! dunno how i missed that Mom peeking out

hello cake attack and erg

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

VostokProgram posted:

I don't understand the methodology at all but my name appears pretty isolated which I take to mean that you are all crazy

I take it to mean your taste is pretty good, since you're also right next to my name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

btw, the first graph is the troll graph, the second one is the actual data

• Locked thread