Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
1. Land of the Lustrous might well be the one show to finally convince most people that Studio Orange is great at 3D animation. Beyond the technical side of things, I found myself caring more for the characters and story than what I had initially expected, so I'm definitely on board to see any potential sequel (or even check out the manga one day).

2. Princess Principal was a lot of fun. Great setting, enjoyable characters and a number of memorable sequences. I am hoping we'll get to see this team of silly spies again in the not so distant future.

3. Made in Abyss is a great series. I cannot even begin to deny the strength of its world-building, soundtrack and the effective use of cruelty, regardless of occasionally having mixed feelings about certain things, such as the ages and designs of the characters.

4. The Ancient Magus' Bride is proof that you can take a potentially questionable premise and find ways to rise above it. The cast of characters is weird but definitely charming and I think it has only continued to get better after the OVA.

5. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans S2 was quite a solid mecha anime melodrama in my experience, despite not necessarily being the biggest fan of the direction the story took towards the end. Leaving a couple of such disappointments aside, I was generally satisfied with the results in retrospect.

Honorable mentions:
ID-0 (decent show overall that almost nobody watched), Gundam Build Fighters: Battlogue (sweet mecha action but too short), Attack on Titan S2 (I've occasionally fallen off the train with this property, but this definitely wasn't bad), Saga of Tanya the Evil (this was enjoyable while it lasted, but I don't know if there's anything left to do with the concept), Fate/Apocrypha (it's down here mostly because I am admittedly not up to date on this one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread