Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i basically didn't care at all about most of the things that got people hyped this year. dull sol storytelling that brings nothing new to the genre, weak alt universe nazi moe escapes from soviet russia, anime with adults that nevertheless act like the same old 12 year olds that fill up every other anime cast, the word gender in monstrous cgi gem form,.... but that's ok. i stuck to the more artistic fair such as eromanga and the like. that said i want to call an official vote to disallow cgi, for it does not qualify as anime

5. Choboraunyopomi Gekijou Dai San Maku Ai Mai Mii: Surgical Friends: a powerful work of feminism that continues a strong tradition in short comedy originating with pugyuru, this show does not hold back in satirizing the vile elements of the anime industry that bring young women down like virgin/idol worship, murder trucks, ninjas and dolphins while providing a cute and calming yuri atmosphere, ensuring fun and comfort for all.

4. Youjo Senki: sieg heil lil hitler-chan, actually its world war 1. settle down everybody... lots of good warcrimes in this and im looking forward to season 2: rommel edition. that said man was the cgi when flying hideous sometimes, something must be done. please studio NUT. i would also like to praise the brave men and women at studio NUT for their brave attempt at fighting the spectre of lolicon that hangs over the anime industry by making tanya look like the most disgusting psychopath in recent history, really helped all the scenes where she went crazy. i wouldn't mind a prettier viktoriya though. studio NUT

3. Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi 2nd movie: bringing back the remake that brings back the old series that brought adult anime, doujins, cosplay, comiket and all that in existence, the 2nd movie is the strongest of the 3 movies released so far. 3 had a bit too many twists and turns for me, while 2 had a simpler storyline that fits the series better. the first movie is of course merely an introduction for the new series. the new series raises questions everyone has always on their mind like, what is love, would you put your loved ones in danger, can i solve the trolley problem but with spaceships and if you see a giant naked spacewoman goddess floating in space, is she actually there. what happens if our spaceship touches her. i know i always have these questions on my mind, and you probably do too. well everyone this sequel answers them, actually about half of these are not in the 2nd movie. finally i want to complain that after 3 movies (10 episodes) they still have not given the op vocals, despite it being one of the most famous ops in anime history. its a brutal form of torture upon my soul that must be stopped

2. Kemono Friends: this rare work of auteurship in anime proves the validity of cgi as a method of animation in anime. with a deep storyline that combines moe and post apocalyptic fiction without falling into the pit of cheap moe fanservice that infects modern moe like a disease, this work of art provides everything the modern anime connoisseur needs, not surprisingly it has already won prestigious international awards like 'best twitter contents' of 2017. I will however be boycotting any new content, merchandise and anime of it thanks to the vile assassination of Tatsuki by the coward Kadokawa.

1. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen: a masterpiece in storytelling and the only show to get a 10 from me in years. sublimely returns to events from the first season while weaving in new layers to stories already told this work easily deserves the first place in this rather barren year. if it doesn't even get into the top 5 cause of its lack of cute girl fodder i will be sad.

other:

Yoake Tsugeru Lu no Uta & Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome: 2 yuasa movies. walk on girl had the stronger writing of the two, but animation wise wasn't very adventurous. meanwhile lu had a lot of rather fun animation, like the dancing sequences recalling old silly symphonies animation, but the storyline is just awful. giant plotholes that are impossible to ignore, childish writing and a gross boy/fish child romance, i would have been happier if all of the non music scenes were removed.

Napping Princess: another movie. the villain in this is really fun, straight outta disney. that said most of the other writing is childish to an annoying degree and i have no idea how people watch children's anime without wanting to off themselves

Owarimonogatari 2nd season: i didn't really like the new girl, and for some reason they scrapped the better version of the op for the rather flaccid one we got. actually ill be honest here, there's so much monogatari now i can not remember what happened in which season. i think here arararararagi went to hell? or the future? gently caress i dont even know anymore, its been a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

The lack of early votes for Kemono Friends and the surprising lack of overlap with Land of the Lustrious votes has me thinking there is some recency bias, but I won't vote until I finish watching the latter.

the last season always scores the highest. the anime community is very hype based

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this is fascism

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i am shocked the little nazi show references jewish mysticism

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

littleorv posted:

Studio NUT

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

fine.

1. sachie and kaneko

kaneko was just your average girl, part of a schoolband and always hungry. then sachie came into her life and they developed a beautiful relationship. always ready to help a 'good friend' sachie is here, queer and ready to jam hijiki in .... her

2. viktoriya and potato

i wish i was that potato

3. the various machiavelli lasses

in a world of weak willed lasses, i applaud the machiavelli girls for violently taking whats theirs

4. aho

now this girl knows what she wants. and its bananas. that's healthy

5. kaori and film club senpai

with its 7 year duration, this is one of the longest lasting relationships in anime and we can all applaud kaori and masaki for showing us all even men and sex dolls can have happy relationships. keep it up!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

pf! everyone's a critic, make your own list!

but also i just didn't think of it, its early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

unsticky this thread

• Locked thread