Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm only ranking Gintama first because I love Gintama. Its my favorite anime and this season was great. I love the sci-fi / feudal japanese mix, the characters are very interesting, its one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Its my favorite anime period

Otherwise

ACCA: 13 - I thought I'd find this boring. I wouldn't say a lot really 'happens' in this anime, but despite that, the plot moves forward and it never feels really predictable. It always seems like a twist is just around the corner and I like that.
All Out! - I don't like sports animes in general, but this one has a lot of charm. I liked that its not just solely focused on the kids, but how these kids growing affects the adults as well.
Recovery of an MMO Junkie - Just a really touching anime. Maybe it gets a bit in the weeds at times, but the characters are likeable and much more real than most MMO themed anime.
Little Witch Academia - Just a great show. Its beautiful and very well executed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

So this year was the first year in over 10 years that I've really sat down and felt like watching anime. I am happy this year was so stellar, because it definitely got me hooked again. That said, I've probably seen a lot less anime than most people here, so keep that in mind :sun:

5) Restaurant to Another World: I don't expect to see this on many top lists, but I enjoyed it for what it was. In a year where I was drawn to dramatic and stressful anime, Restaurant really was a great palette cleanser. Cute, colorful, and relaxing, it's the kind of anime you can just breeze through an episode and feel great about the experience. I was smiling my whole way through the series, and could probably watch it forever as a mellow anime.

Its a very good show. Its a what you see is what you get kind of anime, and I absolutely love food anime in general

• Locked thread