Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

What a good year for anime! So many good shows I had to cut from my top 5 and I didn't even get to watch all the things I wanted to.

1. ACCA: Oh man, I love ACCA. Starting off as a chill day in the life of a government worker and developing into high political intrigue, it kept me coming back during the season. The super hype OP is great, the atmosphere is great, and I love the characters too. A huge plus to me is that it had a good ending as well.

2. Houseki no Kuni: While ACCA did take first for me, Houseki is a very close second place. Cool usage of 3DCG, and a compelling story that questions what it means to be alive. I really hope that this gets a second season.

3. Mahoujin Guru Guru: This was a show I mostly picked up based on people posting about it, and I'm glad I did. Its a manic comedic romp that does not let up. I'm glad that weird old men are truly the most powerful...

4. Boku no Hero Academia s2: After a mediocre first season with weird pacing, the longer runtime really gave Hero Academia time to shine. Its really just well done shonen, but the fights were cool and the comedy hits, so its a good show.

5. Nobunaga no Shinobi (Ninja Girl and Samurai Master): I rated other shows higher on MAL, but I wanted to give a shoutout to a short that many people probably skipped over. Bite sized comedy that I enjoyed week to week.

Honorable Mentions

Princess Principal - Very good atmosphere and OST, the plot was mostly prince and the pauper over and over again but I still enjoyed it.

Gamers - at first it sounds like a slice of life, but its really a goofy romance show.
MMO Junkie - at first it sounds like a slice of life, but its really a goofy romance show.
New Game!! - at first it sounds like a slice of life, but its really a goofy romance workplace drama show.

All joking aside, while Gamers was pretty much exactly what I wrote, but with misunderstanding bingo, MMO Junkie had some insight into why people play MMOs and made some MMO-specific jokes that I highly enjoyed. The second half kind of faltered but oh well. New Game isn't a romance show, but it does have plenty of relationship drama and realistic workforce issues that never feel overwrought. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The shows that I wanted to watch but didn't so I cant rate them yet
Rakugo s2
Eccentric Family s2
Little Witch Academia
Symphogear AXZ
Made in Abyss
Just Because

Argona fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread