Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Wouldn't say these are necessarily the best, but these were certainly the shows I enjoyed the most. These are in no particular order::

Konosuba S2 - Was surprised by how much I enjoyed the first season and this one was no different. I won't say the gags were super original but the execution, especially the acting, really made this a fun watch! Hopefully this gets a third season.

MMO Junkie - A fun, easy watch with a likeable cast of characters. I also felt that it wrapped up quite nicely, though if they could keep the quality of the first I definitely wouldn't mind a second season, at least if the material was there! While it's overused to describe shows/books/etc... think the term "comfort food" could be applied to this quite accurately.

Natsume Yuujincho 6 - Been a fan since the first season and am happy to see it continuing with such consistency.

Hozuki's Coolheadedness Season 2 - I really enjoyed season 1 and found 2 to be just as good. The characters are amusing and most of the gags work pretty well in my opinion! Looking forward to season 2 part 2 - even if the subs seem really lazy at times. I could add more, but it doesn't seem to generate lots of discussion. Suffice to say, I think it's worth the watch!

Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond - I worked my way through both seasons of BBB fairly recently and was very happy to have done so. I liked the show's style quite a bit, found the characters amusing and likeable, thought the acting was good (though I haven't seen the dub yet) and enjoyed the animation. My biggest complaint about S2, though, is probably the OP.

Garo: Vanishing Line - I avoided this at first because I'm not into tokusatsu stuff all that much but really liked the show after giving it a chance. A good central cast of characters (especially Sophie and Sword), consistent pacing and some nice fights have made this a fun watch. I'm hoping the second part of the season is just as good. This also felt like a bit of a throwback to me.

I gave some other stuff a shot, but I tend not to stick with shows that don't hook me after a few episodes (or one in some cases).

Super late edit, but looking through this thread made me realize that Eccentric Family 2 was, in fact, 2017. While not as good as the first, I still really liked the second quite a bit. Just wished it had been more fleshed out.

Fire Barrel fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

And the finale. See you in 2018, ADTRW~

Interesting to see the range in tastes. Thanks for making it!

Also, I can't believe I forgot that ACCA-13 and Blame! were both last year. They felt like late 2016 to me, but guess not. Guess 2017 really dragged for me.

• Locked thread