Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

Rakugo and Owari so far tied in last place with zero votes. ADTRW declaring unanimously: gently caress stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

well fine.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This year was so loving good that I effectively don't care about a top five list. Like it seems automatic to me. March, Guru Guru, Lustrous, Rakugo, Owari. Bam, top 5. Some of the best shows ever and it's like hilarious to me that I watched March last year and it blew my mind how good it was and I giggled to myself that my favorite show since Honey & Clover was somehow made by the same person, and then also there was a bunch of other poo poo that was almost maybe equally as good. Add in some absurdly quality poo poo like LWA and Girls Last Tour and Made In Abyss and Kemono Friends and just what the gently caress. How can you actually care which goes where. Also I don't like the idea of making a list and having it be pre-populated. I didn't even have to think about those five shows I listed.

So instead of the best anime, how about a list of poo poo I chose just because.

Tsurezure Children - I like short anime. Like a lot. But so often short anime gets it wrong. Either its too hyper or it doesn't know its own strengths or whatever. But this is an anthology show of shorts that is also short! And it returns to stories! Self-contained scenes that are also interconnected! It is glorious! I actually didn't like the mascot character's shenanigans, but whatever.
Gamers! - And just the opposite, this is a show that is several hours building towards the best confession scene ever. Like that's some loving rashomon type poo poo. It barely even pretends to have much more in the tank, which is fine.
Interviews With Monster Girls - What do you mean the show about special needs children is trying to say something? I don't think it's exactly like that but there are some parallels that the show pounds on drat hard. It's just a really nice thing in any case. Looks much better than it should. The entire cast rules. This show is a warm blanket.
Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul - I think if you asked anyone that watched it, this is a bad anime. But that is so hard to say. Like, as far as empty cross-promotional schlock goes, what the gently caress were you expecting? This is everything you could have wanted from something that shouldn't be anything at all. It has some truly excellent extended action scenes that just blare the soundtrack and run. Nina is probably my favorite main character of the year and it's hard not to love the show simply off the back of all the goofy rear end faces they give her. The extended cast is terrific and they do so many smart things with how they interact. It all falls apart, but that's only because it was trying so hard in the first place.
Saga of Tanya The Evil - This is probably the most fun show of the year and is definitely the show I most want a sequel from. It's strange how declaring war on God and using modern business practices to hone a military is unbelievably hilarious when the main character is the ugliest and angriest seven year old girl ever.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Romance Master.

The first appearance was divine but the rest, eh.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Davincie posted:

pf! everyone's a critic, make your own list!

no im using yours. your opinion is mine now

• Locked thread