Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

chumbler posted:

2. Recovery of an MMO Junkie Only barely edged out by ACCA for me as a recommendation, but I'm at an age and place in life where this show landed incredibly hard for me. Moriko is an incredibly relateable protagonist with problems that are not heavy drama but pretty ordinary. The show neither solely praises nor judges her retreat into NEETdom and an MMO, but shows the good that's coming from what social interactions she's having there and how it helps her return to the real world rather than running away into escapism (but without suggesting that she should ditch her MMO). It's definitely a good pick-me-up and has adorable 30ish year old teenagers. The greatest crime is that the OVA episode teases what a second season might have been, but the source material is on effectively permanent hiatus.

It's not even a tease for a second season, it's a tease for a drama cd bundled with the bluray box that we're likely never gonna see translated. :negative:

Didn't watch a lot of anime this year so my picks would be

1. MMO Junkie (mostly what this guy said)
2. Gintama Slip Arc (a great year for Gintama overall in most departments imo)
3. Tsuredure Children (the manga is the most adorable thing, the anime didn't disappoint even though it got really compressed at points)
4. Pingu in the City (noot noot motherfuckers)
5. Osomatsu-san 2 (more of the same but there ain't nothing wrong with that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread