Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
1.) Land of the Lustrous - This is the best series of the year, no question. One of those incredibly rare series where I can't really pick out a single real flaw, and it's just so very gorgeous. Phosphophyllite is protagonist of the decade. I'm looking forward to that season 2 that I desperately hope will exist.

2.) Little Witch Academia - Trigger's best project so far by a pretty wide margin, imo. I personally liked the second half more than the first, but I totally agree that the plot got a bit herky-jerky later on. Incredibly strong final episode, though

3.) Made in Abyss - Made in Abyss makes me profoundly uncomfortable for a huge number of reasons, but it's just good enough to pull ahead past those things anyway. Riko, Reg, and Nanachi are wonderful characters, the worldbuilding is absolutely top-notch and it's full of heartstring-pulling emotional moments. It's also really gross for a lot of reasons, both for the good kind of gross and the really bad kind of gross, but that's more me looking ahead at the upcoming second season than the first, so I guess I can't mark it against the first season here.

I didn't actually watch a tremendous amount of things this year, so I guess I'll just toss out two other series I finished. I liked Demi-Chan/Interviews with Monster Girls enough to finish it, it's pretty funny. And Restaurant from Another World was just intensely relaxing to watch.

Ancient Magus Bride would be on this list but I have some pretty significant problems with its directing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread