Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Looking over the list I think I only watched like 10 current anime this whole year. Spent more time on my backlog.
So here's the select few shows that sounded good enough for me to bother watching them:

1. Mahoujin Guru Guru
A throwback to a time when jokes were funnier. I don't even care about the faux-Dragon Quest wrapper, the comedic timing and goofy comedy made it the highlight of my anime-watching week.
The source of a hundred good gifs.
2. Kizumonogatari Part III
This counts, right? Monogatari with a movie budget means beautiful fluid animation, bizarre visuals, and raunchy comedy that had the entire theater laughing. One of the most fun moviegoing experiences I've had in a while.
3. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
I'm not gonna do the "nervous goon laughter" thing here. I applaud KyoAni for taking some rough material and turning it into a show that was 66% gag comedy, 33% heartwarming two-women-raising-an-adopted-daughter, and 100% gay dragons.
4. Kemono Friends
I admit that a lot of my love for this show comes from the community that sprung up around it. I haven't seen such an outpouring of support since the Madoka Magica finale.
A show that proves that it's still possible to do new things in this industry if you've got the heart.
5. Made In Abyss
The abyss is both brutal and beautiful. The soundtrack and art really hammered that home.
I do still prefer the manga, but I'm excited to get to the stuff coming in Season 2.

Honorable Mentions:
-Alice & Zoroku was a real cute show with a weirdly serious first arc and terribly animated first episode. I'm glad I stuck it long enough for Cool Grandpa to teach these kids some life lessons.

Oops:
Owarimonogatari probably would've been on the list if I didn't keep forgetting to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread