Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
1. Girl's Last Tour: Absolute masterpiece, all time classic anime. Masterful combination of melancholy, thoughtfulness and cute that blew me away pretty much every episode. Great soundtrack, great pacing, great characters. The ending was superb as well.

2. Princess Principal: This show was too much goddamn fun, and I loved the way it mixed up tones and themes from episode to episode. Between this and Flip Flappers Studio 3hz is killing it for me.

3. Land of the Lustrous: Amazing use of 3D, the first ever to use it well. The plot is consistently compelling and Phos is a great loveable gently caress up.

4. Tanya the Evil: Somehow one of the most accurate portrayals I've seen of navigating the military as an officer despite it being about a 12 year old girl who wants to kill God.

5. Made in Abyss: This would be higher if not for a couple of regrettable elements.

Honorable mention: Scum's Wish: doki doki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
the poster counting the votes made invalid votes... wild...

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Disappointed pripri missed the top ten but really all of the top 15 were pretty good choices

I'm surprised little witch academia did as good as it did considering how lukewarm a lot of folk seemed on it

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 15, 2018

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Fwiw i did like lwa quite a bit but there were some low key masterpieces this year and some great, slightly flawed shows that resonated with me a lot more than lwa. That said the episode where akko goes into sucy's psyche is one of my favorite episodes of anime ever

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i cant really parse these graphs but i think it means i have great taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
those four amazon strike shows happened to be in my top 5 but i didnt pay for amazon strike i just happen to have the same taste in anime as whatever rear end in a top hat licenses poo poo at sentai apparently

• Locked thread