Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
1. ACCA: 13 Territory Inspection Department - A surprise hit this year. Chill and enjoyable the whole way through, and an absolutely gorgeous art style.
2. March Comes In Like A Lion S1 - This would have been close to my top last year too, if it had ended a bit earlier. As it is, it only barely gets edged out. A beautifully haunting depiction of depression. I loved it even when it hurt.
3. Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond - Even better than the first season. I adored the focus on the more ignored characters from s1, and the finish was extremely strong unlike last season.
4. Little Witch Academia - Even I'm surprised this got so low on my list this year. It was still a good show, it just got beat out by better shows.
5. Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul - Strong for the first half, got a bit weak near the end. Not a fan of the finish, but overall still a good show with an excellent protagonist (who has bad taste in men)

e: forgot to say:

best anime i watched this year that wasn't new: Initial D - A really good car show that's more than just memes about eurobeat and drifting.

Xinder fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Made a friend watch the first episode of ACCA in return for watching the first of Made in Abyss.

I think we both won here.

Also I lied about my best older anime I watched this year. I said it was Initial D but I forgot I only watched Revolutionary Girl Utena early this year.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Thanks, Anaconda! This easy to read data is my favorite part of the thread every year.

I guess I'll put Land of the Lustrous on my backlog if it's apparently that good.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Maybe we should have a best continuing series category for anime that started before last year and are still going as of the end of the year.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
who the gently caress is that literally on top of my name? psyer?

looks like they have good taste.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

VostokProgram posted:

I don't understand the methodology at all but my name appears pretty isolated which I take to mean that you are all crazy

I take it to mean your taste is pretty good, since you're also right next to my name.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Eela6 posted:

This chart tells me I should watch girls last tour

Last year I ended up with Rakugo pointed directly at me, so I added it to my backlog.

...It's still there. I made very little progress last year, thanks in part to Initial D being much longer than I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I have many questions.

Why are children on both husbando and waifu

• Locked thread