Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

1 - Princess Principal: Nothing did action better this year quite frankly. This is just an all round brilliant and fun show that more people need to watch.

2 - Made in Abyss: A great adventure in a fascinating world, and the ability to back up the threatening nature of the Abyss with some of the most harrowing scenes this year.

3 - Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen: Not only is this show a great way to learn about an artform, here some funny stories and have a good time, that's all linked to a wonderful drama and some of my favourite characters.

4 - Konosuba 2: Also from the same season as Rakugo, from the same studio even, Konosuba remains as funny as it was before, and perhaps funnier at times.

5 - Tsuredure Children: A shorter series than most, since episodes were half the length of a normal series, Tsuredure hits all of the right notes that many other shows that would have been my 5th pick, but without any of the bullshit and with twice the comedic and emotional punch.

Gamers, MMO Junkie, Kobayashi, New Game!!, Scum's Wish, etc. are all great shows too and I'd highly recommend them, but Youjo Senki or Tanya the Evil was another really fun war series, and we don't get enough war. What a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Mentat Radnor posted:

That's my take on it as well. It doesn't seem to be needed or to make the story more interesting so I don't know why it's there, but at least there's no confirmation and it doesn't stop the show from being my favorite of the year (although it was really hard to decide between Rakugo and 3-gatsu).

I liked it because it redeemed the ol' boss.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Kytrarewn posted:

Crunchyroll's being surprisingly magnanimous about allowing Amazon's licenses (And even netflix) into their little survey there. They also went so far as to post an article suggesting people watch HnK at some point during the last season.

I'm impressed.

They did the same thing last year at the Yuri on Ice awards. They also don't have any of the movies, and that's an extremely strong selection. I'm unsure if In This Corner of the World or A Slient Voice should get my vote, since they're both superb. Confused as to why Girls und Panzer's there though, wasn't that from a couple years back?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Am I buried right in the middle? I must have the best/no taste!

• Locked thread