Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
I didn't watch a lot of stuff this year so my selection pool is kinda small.

Girls' Last Tour: An excellent adaption. A bittersweet, poignant story about two people traveling through the ruins of dying world.

Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: A burnt out office worker finds happiness. Kyoani did a great job with the adaption and with smoothing over some of the author's predilections.

New Game!!: Continuation of the previous series with more character development.

Kemono Friends: You all know why.

ID-0: Felt like it was largely overlooked due to being A) CGI and B) gated by Netflix. Ultimately it was a well put together science fiction series (having the Planetes director probably helped a lot) that got somewhat rushed near the end and had a real couple of :wtc: episodes that rival some scifi novels I've read where everything got weird in the final act.

Honorable mentions:

Gabriel Dropout: The Azumanga/Nichijou/Yuyushiki "wacky girls doing wacky things" show of the year, though not quite on the same level of quality.

Tsurezure Children: All those tiresome romantic comedies that spend 11 episodes going nowhere, distilled down to a few minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread