Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Reading everyone's list and adding ACCA and Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju to my list, they seem extremely My poo poo.

#5: Made in Abyss: A really interesting adventure show that gave me Big Classic JRPG Feelings. It built a super interesting and cohesive world and I'm genuinely interested in more of the mystery. I find it a little hard to reccomend tho due to it's content, I totally get why people would hate it. Anything that casts Toshiyuki Morikawa as a villain is good tho

#4: The Eccentric Family - Season 2: The Eccentric Family is one of my favorite slice of life shows and is only so low because of every other cool thing that came out this year. Just a good meditation on life, grief and fitting in. Constantly had me surprised, I loved it a lot.

#3: My Hero Academia - Season 2: I'm a huge sucker for shonen and this animated one of my favorite arcs, going above and beyond with it. It made me cry and places the manga never did. Maybe I'll Finally Read The Manga Now.

#2: Land of the Lustrous: Such a loving fascinating and beautiful show, not at all what I expected. I finished it like an hour ago and now I just want to rewatch it again, probably gonna end up buying the manga for it, it's so great.

#1: March Comes In Like Lion - Season 1: An absolutely perfect and stellar presentation of depression, anxiety, broken people, loneliness, but also family and love. I've never really related to a show this hard before and I want to run out and grab people by the shoulders and tell them about it, I love it so so much and I've barely scratched the surface of Season 2, I can't believe there's just more of it. I sound like a total fangirl but gently caress dude, i love it. One of my new personal all time favs, I really want the manga to get licensed.

2017, an absolutely godawful year in the irl space, but pretty loving great for media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah like everyone has said, they're not comparable at all beyond both being action shows with magic powers

they're both very good and worth your time if you like one of the two

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
they also correctly voted #1 for March Lion so I hope there's some good Collusion

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

AnacondaHL posted:

Go whine about Dragonball Super to someone else that actually matters.
:drat:

blown the gently caress out

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

heres my rules for stupid anal:

1: take a shower first
2: always bring lube
3: NEVER say 'its goofy time'
this all checks out

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im excited to See the Results!!

gmq posted:

March Comes in Like a Lion S1: The sister killed the show for me. Up to that point the show had been good, the relationship with the sisters was amazing... but from the moment his sister appeared my interest lowered by the second until it died. It felt like unnecessary drama.
this is a bummer cause kyouka is one of the best characters in March Lion imo and is one of the most important people for the reason Rei is the way Rei is, but I totally get it. Umino, the writer, never delivers a verdict herself on whether Kyouka is or isnt worthy of sympathy, instead asking you to do so, and if you don't have time for her, you'll wonder why Rei just doesn't drop her like a rock, but that's not who Rei is or what their relationship is so it's easy to say Hey gently caress This

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Happy to see March Lion at #3, I hope you all watch it.

Land of the Lustrous is very deserving of #1 too

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
one punch man is anime from a sewer when compared to shirobako imo

and yeah seeing Little Witch Academia tied with my personal favorite anime of the year is wild to me, since I saw a lot of dissapointment around it for a while, glad it apparently really came around tho. I feel that itself shows how strong 2017 was, that something I didn't see people talk about after the first month is as popular as the show I'll never shut up about, it rules

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 15, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

kill la kill is better than kiznaiver
i disagree but that's because i hate kill la kill more than i like kiznaiver

kiznaiver wins Most Disappointing Anime probably

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the premise of kiznaiver was so cool and i was really interested when they introduced a character who was a masochist and self harmed

shame about most of the rest of it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
for a second, he becomes a villain, trying to dig up people's traumas, which is cool cause them having issues in the group is the whole point but he just stops at one point idk

he was cute tho, i liked his face piercings

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
its bad

The Colonel posted:

i mean, that's exactly why i hate the way he's handled. having him dig up problems could be cool, but they did it at the end, for like one scene, and it didn't lead to anything meaningful. if that's the direction they wanted to go with him, they should've done it at the start, because that would've actually given him a group dynamic that he was missing for like 95% of the show. and maybe they wanted to??? since the first thing he does is push agata off a goddamn rail??? but then they just... stop???

basically outside of the weird direction they take with honoka all of my issues with kiznaiver are that it's not even restricted by schedule or budget, it just doesn't even make the attempt to stick to something interesting and it just, it almost does it, it gets so close, and then it decides to focus on really empty conspiracy crap for half its run time instead and all of it feels so cheap
yeah no, im totally agreeing with you. so much of kiznaiver is them brushing up against really cool ideas that the concept of Linked Feelings naturally gives you, and then just walking away from it because they rather focus on their evil corporations. and it's such a bummer cause they are so close with it and you can see the skeleton there but then the bones fall apart

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
every time i think Maybe I Don't Really Like Trigger's Body Work Outside Of LWA, I remember I havent seen luluco yet

i should do that

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
you would think it would be easy to find my long dumb name on charts

you'd be wrong

could you make this into a mcdonalds triangle so i can understand (thank you tho)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Allarion posted:

You merged with Cake Attack and are neighbors with Erg

Cake Attack posted:

you are right on top of me, directly right a little bit from showa genrouka rakugo
aha! dunno how i missed that Mom peeking out

hello cake attack and erg

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i have over three million questions and issues with all of this, but in summary

im calling the loving police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
New Game is good, but putting it as Seinen next to March Lion is very funny to me

lmao at todoroki and astolfo wining best boy tho

they arent wrong

• Locked thread