Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Land of the Lustrous was really cool and interesting but even more interesting was the phenomenon of selective illiteracy it caused among most goons.

Girl's Last Tour I've only watched up to ep 6 of but it's really good and I don't foresee anything happening that would change my mind about it. Real chill and mysterious, possibly about kabbalah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

heres my rules for stupid anal:

1: take a shower first
2: always bring lube
3: NEVER say 'its goofy time'

lol

Wark Say posted:

4: If the recipient is a woman, stick with anal for the rest of the tryst. Trying to switch to vaginal sex will end badly.

double lol

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

5) Girl's Last Tour - Everyone was excited when a new Kino's Journey was announced. Turns out the true Kino's Journey successor wasn't the new Kino's Journey, but Girl's Last Tour. Despite exploring dark and melancholic themes, GLT nearly always remained lighthearted and relaxing. Everyone's favorite marshmallow girls are not exactly upbeat about this post-apocalyptic world, but they always find joy somewhere.

4) Land of the Lustrous (Houseki no Kuni) - I had a hard time getting into this show at first because I found the show's protagonist, Phos, to be pretty annoying. But the more I watched, the more the show grew on me. This is not only the first 3D-CG show that doesn't look like poo poo because of the arbitrary fps limiting, but it is one of the most gorgeous shows of the year. It's got a style uniquely its own that it uses to its fullest, and complements its strange story.

Also LotL wins best OP of the year hands down.

3) Mahoujin Guru Guru / Konosuba 2 - Yeah I'm kinda cheating here, but I really can't decide. Both are comedies that parody fantasy rpg tropes, but each does it in their own way, and each their own strengths. Konosuba has some of the best comedic direction in anime ever and fantastic va performances. Mahoujin Guru Guru is a never-ending joke-a-thon that rarely misses the mark and has possibly the greatest poop joke of all time.

2) Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen - This show is poetry in motion. An epic and intimate drama about the relationships we make with people, places, times, and ourselves. The rakugo performances in themselves are enough of a reason to watch this show, even the stories that are performed multiple times, because each and every performances is a uniquely fascinating experiences in themselves. I encourage everyone to at least give this show a try.

1) Made In Abyss

It wasn't until this year that I realized how much I was yearning for a pure adventure... that suspenseful sense of mystery as you trek through strange lands full of beauty and danger. I didn't notice that void until it was suddenly filled by three magnificent pieces of media that all released this year: The Lost City of Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Made In Abyss.

Made in Abyss is mysterious, lighthearted, harrowing, funny, dramatic, and above all beautiful. The art, the animation, the music - each element is fantastic on its own but they all come together to make the most sublimely fascinating and gorgeous experiences I've had this year. Or ever.

Do you still think HnK is a moe comedy?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

esselfortium posted:

I’m with you. The second half of KLK was fun as heck.

(Personally I’d even say I found KLK a better version of what TTGL was trying to be, with characters I cared more about and more effective humor propelling its Big Dumb Plot to the finish line)

I never watched TTGL but It's Diebuster, Actually

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Pad and Rutile as best couple or I'm not looking at the loving shitass pole

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
poo poo... that's a pretty good couple

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I've failed as a fujoshi and haven't seen ACCA sorry.

ditto for Rakugo even though I love Kumota's yaoi

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

tbh i wouldnt be surprised if they cut best couple just so they weren't accidentally advocating pedophilia again

lmao what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
That's funny as hell bring back the best couple category

• Locked thread