Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I wrote one of these about 2 days ago for somewhere else, and I'm not sure I still agree with it, but this is all apples-to-oranges nonsense anyway.

5. Kemono Friends: Somehow only the second-best CGI show about post-apocalyptic [something]-people made from weird rocks on this list. (I just checked, and I can still sing the entire penguin song, from memory, in a language I don't speak.)

4. Net-juu no Susume: The sort of romantic drama/comedy that will have you shouting or cringing at the screen, mostly in a good way. It incidentally does this while being the best MMO show since Log Horizon. Should come with a diabetes warning.

3. Made in Abyss: Beautiful, fascinating and brutal; this show feels like a love-letter to curiosity itself, even as it acknowledges the costs. Maybe I wouldn't be as foolhardy as Riko, but if I were in her world, I'd want to know what was down that hole.

2. Owarimonogatari 2 (and the last Kizu- movie if that's allowed): Hard to rank this one as it's kind of standing in for Monogatari as a whole. The ending of this show left me feeling weird for days. If you have any reasonable degree of resistance to the... worse sort of things anime does, watch this near-decade-long series, immediately.

1. Land of The Lustrous: Almost perfect. Beautiful, but in all the ways, Abyss wasn't; washed-out, bleak, agoraphobic. Some of the best action scenes I've ever seen in animation. On a meta-level, this is the first show that really shows that, even if CGI isn't going to replace other forms of animation any time soon, it's no-longer a punchline.

Other things that might reasonably have been on this list but arbitrarily were not: Symphogear 4, Konosuba 2, Maidragon, Demi-chan, Girls' Last Tour, Little Witch Academia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread