Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't watch most of the show people really liked this season, so heres the best of what I saw

1) Interview With Monster Girls
It was just really good in every way. It was funny, and sweet, and super sympathetic to all the characters.

2)Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond
Great action, great music, great characters, learned from the misstep of the first season.

3)Ai Mai Mii: Surgical Friends
The classic drama returns for a third season full of surprising twists, amazing backstories, and even some laughs. I haven't read the thread but I assume it's somewhere in everyone's top five this year.

4)Saga of Tanya the Evil
Super dramatic, great action, great music. I especially loved how well researched it was.

5)Minami Kamakura High School Girls' Cycling Club
Top of my list for worst anime this year, for making me want to go bicycling in Kamakura so bad :mad:

Special mentions
Long Riders!, the other good bicycling anime this year. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, very cute and sweet. Centaur's Worries, excellent world building, and I loved how it eschewed traditional notions of "tone"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nate RFB posted:

I think honestly it was just kind of a mediocre year. Everyone had their standouts but I imagine there were a lot of people who simply checked out most of the year like me. If it weren't for Winter 2017 I'd have watched like 3 shows.

I didn't watch most of the most popular shows like Made in Abyss of Land of the Lustrous but I still had trouble deciding which of the many good shows I watched this year should be in my top five. And I even forgot stuff to put in Honorable Mentions. Iron-Blooded Orphans was great! This was a really good year

dogsicle posted:

in the past, voting went on until the second week of January and even though we probably don't have many outstanding voters left, i think setting the deadline at January 12th would be fine. so get your votes in before the 13th, CST

I'll pop the deadline in the OP later today and probably crosspost this in season and chat threads so we don't miss anyone.

what does the winning show get?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol I didn't watch anything in the top ten. And I'd still consider 2017 the strongest year for anime I can remember. Just a lot of really solid shows came out last year

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Since when was Shokugeki no Soma an ecchi series? From everything I've heard about it, it seems pretty much PG????

I think early on, with the exaggerated food reactions, it's not unfair to list it there. But the reactions change a lot really quickly, beyond just clothes exploding orgasms. Especially by the third season listing Food Wars as an ecchi series isn't fair at all.

• Locked thread