Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
One of the best anime years in a while, and it ends with a bang with 2 anime of the year in Land of the Lustrous and Girls' Last Tour.

1. Land of the Lustrous - The entire package. Great OST, characters, story and action. I loved every one of the gems. The move to 3D was a great choice, and really made me look forward to 3d in anime. Episode 8 and 10 were insanely good and really made you feel for the characters.
2. Princess Principal - Opening of the Season. Great characters and some nice James Bond spycraft thriller. A nice take on the Prince and the Pauper story. Each character got their own arc to grow. Desperately hoping for a second season.
3. Girls' Last Tour - Chillin' in the apocalypse. The blend of chill and despair is something to be savored. The last episode's montage was a masterpiece and encompassed the whole show's message.
4. Little Witch Academia - Trigger has saved anime! Feel good show of the season, with Triggers always good animation.
5. Kemono Friends - Who knew an anime with this low of a budget could show this much heart? Also educational. Hopefully the second season isn't compromised by the drama. :rip: Grape-kun.

Honorable mentions:
Made in Abyss
Saga of Tanya the Evil
Tsurezure Children

The first half of 2018 seems stacked as well, so I'm excited.

L-O-N fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

I'm glad I'm on the end with good taste.

• Locked thread