Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
My Hero Academia, season 2: I started watching anime this year after a lifetime of it just not being my thing. I asked for recommendations and the pro-wrestler ACH suggested this. I'm so happy he did. I binged the first season and then watched the second week by week, and became engrossed in Deku and co's journey. I guess I like shounen - who knew?

Attack On Titan, season 2: Even not watching anime, I was aware of this, and it got out straight on the list. Again, I binged season 1 and then caught up with season 2, and I found it a compelling ride, although the sense of hopelessness that pervades it is sometimes wearing. Which brings us to...

Girls' Last Tour, season 1: Two girls, on their own, in a ruined (far?) future city, just pootling along in their krad, occasionally encountering something or someone but mostly being the best company, for each other and us. The inevitable is horrible and sad but I hope we get there.

Kino's Journey (2017): I think this split opinion more than any other series I followed this year, with most of those on the unimpressed side being fans of the original 2003 series (which is next on my to-do list). I loved it, and it was equal parts depressing and lifting. Kino's origin was heartbreaking but fitting, and I'm excited to see if there's any overarching narrative tying it together.

Made In Abyss, season 1: Just edging out The Ancient Magus's Bride, I watched this in a day, trying to catch up before realising I'd just watched the whole season. It has its detractors (for things which I honestly didn't notice as being anything unusual) but the sense of purpose and doom which shadows Riko and Reg as they descend is inescapable. And then there's Mitty, which I'm not sure I'm ready to talk about yet.

I still need to get to Land Of The Lustrous and WorldEnd, so they may end up making the list, but in the whole I've enjoyed my first 6 months watching anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

Because of the recommendations in this thread, I watched the whole of Houseki no Kuni today. Man, so great!

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

This stupid thread got me watching the stupid rakugo show, and it's not at all engrossing. AT ALL.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

I've watched 2 list-worthy anime since I did mine, can I resubmit?

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

I watched it after posing my 5 but Land of the Lustrous would definitely have made it, along with Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. I've enjoyed this, because as someone fairly new to anime it has given me shows to track down!

• Locked thread