Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Sanskrit Scat posted:

Lacazette jammy goal incoming

Close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
lmao Wilshere

hopped up prick

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Ben Foster looks exactly like my auto mechanic.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
That was a shite call but it made a garbage game with no redeeming qualities in to one worth mentioning casually later on.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
What a surprise mike dean gets a massive decision wrong for the millionth time. Nothing will change.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Mike Dean's getting his face on tv so he's chuffed to bits right now.

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

Dean is such a loving worm

He also looks like someone Kylo Ren would force choke

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Classic Arsenal finish against a bottom table side.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Team like the arse should be out of sight enough that poo poo like that doesn’t matter imo
Sad times that it all has to come down to big mike

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sanskrit Scat posted:

Dean is such a loving worm

He also looks like someone Kylo Ren would force choke

haha star wars yeah

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Refereeing in this league is such a joke

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lol Cech and Wengy so pissed.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

that’ll do I guess

gently caress me we need players in january

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Team like the arse should be out of sight enough that poo poo like that doesn’t matter imo
Sad times that it all has to come down to big mike

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Great result but lol mike dean is such a poo poo ref

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
lol at arse fans getting butthurt by a legit penalty

the replay shows the defender doesn't even bother to try to get his arms out of the way

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Blinkz0rz posted:

the replay shows the defender doesn't even bother to try to get his arms out of the way

that's not the rule

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

that's not the rule

:rolleyes:

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
maybe play Giroud against West Brom’s giants and shunt Iwobi to the trash heap he emerged from

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
hah Pardew basically said it wasn’t a penalty.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

There was a replay from behind the ref and it looks like the defender forearms the ball away, I can see why he gave it. It still wasnt a pen but gently caress Arsenal so whatever I guess.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Blinkz0rz posted:

ur a dumb oval office IMO

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

fat gay nonce posted:

ur a dumb oval office IMO

nice meltdown

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Perhaps Arsenal should have considered scoring more than one goal against a garbage team like WBA. Then they wouldn't be in that situation.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

MrBling posted:

Perhaps Arsenal should have considered scoring more than one goal against a garbage team like WBA. Then they wouldn't be in that situation.

fair point imo

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Arsenal played like huge poo poo and I understand doing some big lmaos at the result but you have to be staggeringly retarded to think that was a legitimate penalty

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 31, 2017

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
referees need to bring back indirect free kicks in the box.

penalty awards for bullshit on the outside edge of the area make zero sense.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:jerry:

https://twitter.com/clinicalfirmino/status/947535623149309953

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Reprisal posted:

referees need to bring back indirect free kicks in the box.

penalty awards for bullshit on the outside edge of the area make zero sense.

I think the only way you're really going to get an indirect free kick in the box is from a back pass.

Technically impeding (used to be called obstruction) is an indirect free kick but if you impede someone in the box the referee is just going to give a penalty or not call anything at all. Same with dangerous play like a high boot.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks for reminding me of the travesty that was Arsenal's all red kit today. It looked so awkward with the white sleeves.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
The red really sets off Chambers arm as it’s flapping around in front of him.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Shrapnig posted:

I think the only way you're really going to get an indirect free kick in the box is from a back pass.

Technically impeding (used to be called obstruction) is an indirect free kick but if you impede someone in the box the referee is just going to give a penalty or not call anything at all. Same with dangerous play like a high boot.

hmm, but it’d be easy for refs to characterize the middling crap as obstruction and not award penalties. i think the big leagues and FIFA should hop on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Penos like that are why players in the box jump around like the black knight from monty python, arms safely tucked away

• Locked thread