Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I realized I do have a show to talk about for this thread.

Elegant Youkai Apartment Life is a messy show, where the tone often swings from terrible things happening to good people to wacky antics at the drop of a hat. But moreover, Youkai Apartment is hateful in its philosophy. Though at a first glance, Youkai Apartment looks like another Natsume clone about helping people with their problems, it is emphatically its polar opposite. Anyone rude or antagonistic in the show is treated by the main cast as people to avoid at all costs. Any justification or explanation for their behavior is perfunctory at best if one is even given at all. The protagonist often comes across as a self-righteous dick, but with the show always framing him in the right, it appears more as clumsy characterization instead of a legitimate character flaw. I hear people often bring up the series often falls into the author’s soapbox lectures about kids these days, but it’s worse than that. Youkai Apartment is fundamentally selfish at its core, and that casts a large shadow over anything redeeming about the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

I can name several people who loved it

The loving 6 meme has evolved.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted: