Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Really enjoyed This War of Mine and this looks awesome too. Really hoping that there's multiple optimal ways to build your victorian apocalypse hellhole. I watched some streamer play this the other day and he was basically huddling all housing and industry together as much as possible near the generator for warmth vs. some of the videos posted here where all residential is near the generator and all industry is on the outskirts (HE had to add steam plants or something to get warmth on the outskirts but apparently that can suck up coal fast). Some other brit dude youtube video recommended getting the beacon ASAP for mass influx of warm bodies and children to throw into the generator.

Tech tree looks pretty extensive from the amount of stuff obscured and the law tree looks interesting. Should be worth $30 for sure.

I think I only played through This War of Mine only a few times too, but that was due to OCD min/maxing fatigue and trying to build guns and weapons as early as possible and other stupid poo poo rather than just trying to play out every life regardless of what I got rolled with.

Avalanche fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

King Doom posted:

They released a video about endgame called something like 'irreversible'. I'm interested in this but not if the ending is 'everyone dies'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFId6lm2MZo