Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The update describes some features of the Order path, but do we know what the alternative is? How many civic trees will there be?

Hype tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

They haven't said, I don't think. There's enough to indicate that there's solid end-game features to keep you interested and your city humming after the initial "hike through waist deep snow for coal" phase.

Also the screenshots look gorgeous.
https://twitter.com/frostpunkgame/status/969157279634411520

I'm hearing whispers that release is "end of March" but I can't find any official info.

They said they’re still on track for that, yeah. Their goal has been “sometime in Q1 2018” for a while.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Hah, well, alright

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Davincie posted:

im wondering how much depth there actually is to this game. with all maps ive seen basically taking place in the same circle that removes one of the most major forms of depth in the genre and idk if placement in the circle and the decision system can compensate. i found this war of mine rather shallow and it wasnt really great for replayability

As far as I know the crater is the crater is the crater. Replayability will be meant to come from the book of laws and the branching storyline.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
They’ve said there is an end point you reach in the story, and that based on their testing first-time players will probably reach that within 50-60 in-game days.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Neat. I wonder if those are the two? Faith and Order? Or will there be more?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Will an endless scenario require endless resources to be added? Like, S:M has the problem that it might require a bit of luck (and major optimizations for your whole logistic structure) for your colony to actually go on forever, since by default all the deposits are finite.

I guess we’ll find out in ten hours.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Just finished the first scenario. Dipped below 400 people by the end. Went full Faith--I am the Defender of Truth! Heretics will get what's coming to them! It was awesome. I'm the Ice Pope.

More seriously I'm glad the Ark scenario has a different map. That crater from the main scenario could get boring.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Oh and I think the animation for the automatons refueling from the generator is awesome, it's like a big metal animal suckling from a steaming teat.

I love my large metal son.

I finished that first scenario without getting around to researching and building the factory, which might have been a mistake? I just always felt so busy doing other research that it never came to the top of my priorities. I had plenty of labor since I kept accepting all the refugee groups.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Xaris posted:

A tip is spam the hell out of Workshops; having 300% research speed with several on extended hours basically meant I was cranking out like 3+ techs a day. Getting faster and more scouts; more efficient mining and heaters; etc is all super useful and will let you snowball that much faster

One thing to keep in mind is that upgrading in place is not core efficient; I.e don’t build the middling tier for 2-core shops (like Enhanced Hothouse or Steam Mine) because when you get the advanced 3-core cost tech it will only refund you 1 so you lose out on one. Over the course of a few buildings this adds up which could be used for extra Automatons; so skip those middle tier buildings and research straight to the big beast as it won’t take much longer with workshop spam

Wait, how are three workshops 300%? The game was telling me that one workshop is 100, two are 130, three are 150 or something like that. I had 3-4 and kid apprentices helping out and I was rarely getting more than one tech a day. To be fair I didn’t switch on extended shifts for them until late in the game; I spent a while not taking enough advantage of the Faith’s ability to control discontent.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Xaris posted:

Three workshops aren't. I had about ~8-ish, and also had Faith's Shrine ability which boosted them to 120%; and had children apprentices.

I thought from what the game said benefits were capped at 4? I haven’t been building any more than that.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

ninjewtsu posted:

Having played order a lot and faith a little, seems to be that faith raises hope while giving you lots of little side-benefits like improving your healthcare while it's at it, while order directly destroys discontent, a far more useful thing to be rid of than having high hope because low discontent directly translates to more resources with emergency shift spam, but doesn't really do very much else for you.

I haven’t played order yet but the faith active abilities (several varieties of sermon) directly lower discontent, some by quite a lot.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
And Faith gives you the execution platform too, which I think works the same way for both trees.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mister Bates posted:

Kids definitely still need to be housed, the child shelters are only open during the day

So that's what was loving up my math!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
What does hard do, anyway? You just get fewer people to start? The temperature drops sooner and faster?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I like the way they refuel from the generator like they’re animals suckling from their mother’s teat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Awesome. I gotta put some more time into this over the weekend.