Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symphoniccacophony
Mar 20, 2009

The Evil Thing posted:

I normally hesitate to say something is a bug, but this is getting ridiculous. Does anyone else have problems with sick people—as in, pandemic-level sickness numbers? It seems that no matter what I do, the numbers of sick people just skyrocket with no rhyme or reason.

I ran some test games on normal difficulty. By 8am Day 2, between 50-80 people (i.e. literally everyone) were sick. It didn't matter if I ran the generator before shift ended and had tents up. It didn't matter if I had a cookhouse running.

Google searches haven't been much use; does anyone have any insight? Am I missing something blindingly obvious?

Hard to say what the issue is without seeing your city layout, but if your sims are sleeping in the cold, their chance of getting sick increases dramatically. Click on the tents and hover your mouse over the thermometer to check if they are properly heated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symphoniccacophony
Mar 20, 2009

The Evil Thing posted:

All around the generator and at "red" heat level, so it shouldn't actually be possible to get sick, yet somehow they managed it. In this particular case I cheated extra building materials because I wanted to see if having houses made any difference, but it clearly didn't. :v:

That red cross with the number 80 at bottom of screen is telling you that you have 80 sick people that aren't being treated. Where's your infirmary?

symphoniccacophony
Mar 20, 2009

The Evil Thing posted:

Well, I mean... sure, I could build an infirmary and have 75 sick people and 5 in treatment. Would that solve the problem at its root?

EDIT: That was a single sample of a game where I was experimenting. My original game had 6 infirmaries and was still overrun with sick people, who then became gravely ill. Initially I thought it was because I'd built some bunkhouses outside the generator's range, but the numbers still surprised me.

EDIT 2: @vvv Yeah I'll keep hammering away. Maybe I'll get lucky.

I will be blunt here, are you running a legitimate version of the game bought in a store, or a cracked version?