Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Game is 10% off on steam if you already own This War of Mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I did my best, 3 times in a row.

As another goon asked: do I shuttle my people between hunter's huts and everything else? If so that adds tons of manpower, and also tons of micromanagement.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

dogstile posted:

I don't know if its encouraging that less than a day after its come out people are like "yeah i've finished it."

That might just be a "but goons, dude" thing though.

I find it extremely hard to believe that people finish it on their first try without having watched streams etc. I learned a bunch of stuff in my first two games that was not obvious at all. I'm sure a lot of stuff seems obvious if you've watched gameplay videos and streams, but yeah, anyone who plays this and finishes it first try without knowing anything about it, is a straight up genius.

edit: if you've played and enjoyed 'this war of mine', this has a similar feel. They could add a lot of different scenarios without too much extra work.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone else noticed that you can't really move around in the 'laws selection' screen? If you're on a law in the bottom and want to see a law near the top, the only way to get to the top is to click on a law near the top, which re-centers the screen so you can then probably click on the law near the top. I've tried wasd, and dragging the screen around. Neither work.

Also, ARE you supposed to move people to and from the hunters hut at dawn / 5:45 pm? or if you do that, do the people sleep instead of working?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I can unlock prosthetics, build them at the factory, have amputees... but it seems they don't work anyway?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

ninjewtsu posted:

I wanna know how those animals are surviving in the ridiculous cold, in numbers large enough to support an entire city hunting them every day, as their sole source of food

They're 'hunting' frozen animals or hibernating bears.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

UP AND ADAM posted:

Then why'd I get all the drat season pass dlcs

Because they're still releasing This War of Mine DLC content years later, i.e. They're a good dev shop. I think they realise that the base game doesn't have enough meat, DLC will come later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Does this thread have a consensus on which dlc is worth getting? I loved This War of Mine, but thought this game was only ok. I finished all of the scenarios (I think there were only two or three when it came out?) and haven't played it since. I could play new maps maybe but don't care enough to replay the base game.