Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
If it's anything like This War of Mine or Don't Starve, lasting to 50-60 days is going to take a lot of players a while to achieve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Is there a special reason the game is listed in the Steam store but isn't available for pre-order purchase on it?

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

I narrowly pulled off a win on my first run through, and only because I hedged my bets ludicrously farther than I thought I would need. I decided that cold was the thing that was probably going to kill me the hardest, so I built a metric poo poo-tonne of storage and set it to hold coal. I had almost 15K coal stockpiled when I went into the final event. Despite that, I still ended up burning it almost all the way down to the bone. I was watching my sick overflow my limited hospital space. Until the hospitals shut down for lack of heat. In the final push, I was biting my knuckles and praying for the cold to end before my crater turned into a corpsefest. But we survived. 631 survivors.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Well, some things they didn't tell you, but probably should:

* Steam Hubs do not stack. If a building is under the influence of even a single Steam Hub, it receives the full benefits of heating and additional steam hubs will not stack. You cannot have everyone sitting comfortable and warm during the endgame because of spamming steam hubs. They will consume coal, but will not actually add heat.

* Automatons are an improvement over workers/engineers on mines and labs, but receive no boosts to production from Order/Faith advancements.

* The tech advancement that reduces the number of workers needed at a Hunting Lodge from 15 to 10 also reduces the number of workers needed in a Hunting Blimp from 15 to 10.

* You can't revoke a law once you've passed it, and laws that are two half-circles next to each other are mutually exclusive - you can sign one or the other, but not both.

* You can hold the right mouse button and drag to scroll.

* gently caress its cold out there.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Sardonik posted:

However, if you have a promise active to heat a certain amount of homes, upgrading some heated homes may trigger failure of the promise. It did for me at least.

On the flip side, every UNheated home that you upgrade counts as heated as soon as you queue it. (Or doesn't count as unheated?)

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

is it jsut me or do the outpost teams from the whole right side of the map in scenario 1 (steam cores, steel, and food) never actually send any resource convoys? i waited a whole week to get one steam core and now that i've moved them over to food i don't seem to be getting any food either. the outpost is set up and it says it'll send food once every day so i don't think i personally did anything wrong.

I think it's a glitch that comes when you move an outpost team. I experienced it during my first game when I moved the outpost team from coal to steam cores. I pulled my outpost team back home and disbanded them and recreated them, sent them back out, and then they worked normally once more. That's the nearest I can guess.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

... The existence of prisons was brought up as a negative, which are something which exist in every western society - I guess we are all oppressed by fascism then? ...

I mean, there's a really good argument to be made for that. Like REALLY good. But I don't think that was your point.

I just saved New Manchester. My engineers started yelling at me for sending resources away to help those strangers like they aren't sure we'll have enough for ourselves, while I'm stockpiling enough coal to fill their Christmas stockings every day until they die.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Honestly I kinda feel you on that. I love the game, don't get me wrong. But I was ... expecting a big dramatic reveal about what was causing the earth to go cold and maybe to try to reverse it, but instead our last dlc is ... Coalition Builder Frostpunk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

I was disappointed because it was hyped up as "Project [Acronym]" that would let you find out what had gone wrong with the climate (and maybe fix it???), but they completely pivoted away from that entirely.