Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
That trailer for the release date is amazing, if a little (insanely) brutal. They dropped the sad cellos and violins from the other trailers and created contrast of the hyperdepressing reality with an upbeat blues, and still managed to make it mostly depressing. Pretty good. Also tons of little details, they really put a lot of work into that animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
So I have passed child shelters and engineer apprentices, is there anything I must manually do to get bonuses to research efficiency? Also, it doesn't seem to be telling me by how much efficiency has increased.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Yeah it's also a bit strange that the devs view negatively the establishment of any police force at all. I can understand wanting you to be restrained with its use, wrt maybe letting opposers speak freely instead of being beaten and dispersed. But when poo poo like cooks stealing food happens, yeah, gently caress those guys.
Also, it's stupid how upgrading a house violates the promise of warmth. Jesus christ you guys, you are going to be warmer within seconds.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
It isn't dumb, since actually police forces are by definition bound one day or another to overstep their bounds, since actually it is incentivised as part of their functioning. Also, since police is more generally thought of enforcers of a certain political status quo, it is obvious that they would be the pioneers of the fascist apocalypse. The fact is, is the existence itself of a police force good or bad? The devs clearly opt for the latter, as in, the risks of abuse associated with having any kind of enforcement are not worth it. I disagree, personally, there is a clear tradeoff, but a modern society cannot function without effective enforcement of an order, as unjust as it may be.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Is upgrading generator range worth it at all? I just went through a normal campaign and all I ever used was steam hubs. Is there a reason to invest in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Wow, refugees is really loving hard even on Normal, Jesus. It feels like there just isn't enough of everything.