Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In regards to your first video, do you guys plan to actually check out the Kirby anime at some point or is it too long to be worth the effort (and it doesn't help much that the show is basically 90% filler)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Near as I can tell, unlike the other recent games where the MacGuffins are required to progress through the worlds, collecting the puzzle pieces in this game just unlocks bonus art to look at and has no bearing on the actual game at all (you're welcome to grab them but it doesn't make much difference if you do), however finding the switches hidden in the stages can unlock extra stages to play. You can also drop abilities just by pressing the " - " button.

Also collecting 100 stars gives you a 1up, not sure why this confuses you since you already encountered it in Robobot and it's been a thing in the series since Dream Land 2.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 22, 2018

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

that ivy guy posted:

:ssh: They're all using single Joy-Con, which can only drop with the Hold Y method.

As for the puzzle pieces, yeah, don't expect to complete any puzzles. But you don't need them for 100%, just all the big rainbow ones.

Ah, never played that way so I didn't realize. Nevermind that point then.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kurieg posted:

If you want to complete puzzles there's a way to farm them.

Each of the Kirby amiibo give you two blue puzzle pieces when you scan them, and you can scan five amiibo a level. Find a short-ish level with it's own relative density of puzzle pieces(probably the earliest level with a switch, hitting a switch you already hit gives you a few prices) and scan five amiibo right before the end.

Does completing all the puzzles actually unlock anything though?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Alxprit posted:

You mean besides the lovely art that people put love and work into?

Yeah, that's what I figured it amounted to but I've only completed one picture in my game so far so I wasn't sure if there was anything else to it or not.