Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm glad to know that Event Matches were legit tough and it wasn't just me sucking at video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I actually have a Sculpin brewery near where I live. But it's California so HOPE YOU LIKE IPAs FUKARS

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

BTW about BN5:

-Dark Chips are necessary for 100% completion so make to get them when you can. You should also stick them in your folder once you can use ChaosSoulUnison (especially for DarkInvisible). They also have really great descriptions (DarkRecover is "BECOME ALMOST INVINCIBLE") to replace BN4's DARK CHIP CREATED BY DESIRE.
-SuperVulcan S is hilariously broken and goes great with S codes. It also goes great with ChaosNumberSoul :unsmigghh:
-Don't use quake or throwing chips period. They're waaaaay too slow
-Blinder is actually very useful! It actually affects viruses and bosses! And it comes in * code.
-I really like the AirSpin chip series but it's an acquired taste.
-Get AreaGrabs, preferably in * code but S code will suffice. You need them now even more than before for Liberation missions. Especially for CloudMan.
-gently caress Cloudman. Load up on Lances and CactusBalls. Pray. gently caress Cloudman.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Iirc Canvas Curse actually has somewhat of a following. I dunno why, I thought it was a flatly okay game.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh man if you're having this much fun with Canvas Curse I can't wait for Mass Attack :allears:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"OH CAHMAHWN DOOD!!! How was I supposed to figure it out??"

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I honestly really liked Drawcia and her level. They were by far the most memorable part of the game for me. Worth noting is that her Soul form screams at you constantly. And it never, ever stops. It's harrowing.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Basically. I think (?) it gets elaborated on in Mass Attack since you actually have dialogue there but it's mostly there for series tradition.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Man I don't care how jank story mode is, Subspace Emissary owns, gently caress the haters.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The multi-enemy fights are extremely frustrating because the normal mode AI is an absolute bastard. I think they're supposed to be balanced around you having easy access to other spirits and the abilities you buy with Skill Points but both of those are steep mountains to scale.

The best pro-strat is to try to get 3 star Attack-Grapple-Shield multi-slot spirits ASAP (4 star would be ideal, but good loving luck with THOSE fights) and then use those. I frankly don't like the spirit system, it's way too grindy-y and makes you jump through too many hoops.

EDIT: I guess you can switch to Easy and grab a few 4 stars but I never tried it because that is weakness :argh:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 16, 2018

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's a shame that FF:MoBW is a terrible Fatal Frame. The characters look cool but goddamn the story is piss. I wonder if there is a trophy that mentions Miu's origins or if that's a little too spicy for this game.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

ricdesi posted:

I've never played any Fatal Frame I'm afraid, any non-spoilery juicy details to help explain that bit?

This info is from a japan-only art book iirc so I'm not blacking it out. Miu's mother Miku is the protag of the original Fatal Frame. In that game her brother sacrifices himself to appease some ritual (spoiler for 17 year old game??). During the rest of the games, she never appeared but in the latest Fatal Frame somehow had a child. Turned out that the explanation in the art book is that once in a while the barrier between spirit world and the living world is really weak. So Miku used that to meet her brother again.
Miu is the result of that meeting. So she's an incestuous, half-ghost daughter.

Look I was either gonna make a joke about that or about Black Water's Wetness Meter.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 16, 2019

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Seriously I can't be the only one who thinks the game needs more gameplay variety, right? Like smash bros is fun and all but not 50 times in a row.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

REMEMBER THE BASICS OF CQC

Now tbf, this fight is hard but it's admittedly way less bullshit than some other 4-star ones. And like, you know, The Boss is the Scrub Killer so it's apropos. Like fair is fair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSH39aiTx2A&t=7142s

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 21, 2019

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I mean basically all of the Fatal Frame games have some ritual where a woman is sacrificed to appease some ancient Japanese rite, and the canon endings are always the worst ones so...

Well except for the remake of 2, where you had the ending where Mayu is eternally trapped in the village and keeps Mio's head as her personal doll. That one was probably the worst in that game, even worse than Mio going blind from looking into the corpse pit.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 8, 2019

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Fair warning the remake of 2 is really bad because all of the characters have british accents. In a loving dilapidated rural Japanese village. It's incredibly jarring.

Oh yeah gently caress PAULINE she's easily the worst spirit in the game to beat.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

My fav part is that one of the spirits that can open the base is Protoman.EXE

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yup. And I seem to be the only person on the internet to know that. I think Megaman.EXE would work too but he's a 4-star spirit and the only way to get him by that point is through the spirit board.

EDIT: apparently Robobot's Susie can also unlock the base lmao

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 16, 2019

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The Ouendan cheerleaders were in both Ouendan 1 and 2, yes. And yeah they were the Super Hard difficulty option.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The best part of the the English version of Ouendan (Elite Beat Agents) was if you get all the checkpoints in the stage, the commander gave you this amazing thumbs-up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl9w8Z3yUCE&t=278s

IIRC beating the game on VHard lets you play as him, he does the diva moves and the game is on VHard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hahaha

I

cannot

wait

ha

ha

ha

:unsmigghh: