Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Fun fact about the Jambandra Cult Mage Generals. Each one of them is named for the weapon they use. francisca which is a type of Axe. flamberge which is a type of Sword, and a partisan whioh is a type of spear. Zan Partizanne also just to inform you, did nothing for a chunk of the fight with her because you broke her drums and stunned her. (Which is done by getting water on them.)

ricdesi posted:

I never knew I needed a Waddle Dee vending machine in my life until this exact moment, and I fear I will not rest until I acquire one of my very own.

Going back to this machine for a tiny bit. The Kirby Dream Collection released for the 20th anniversary contains three episodes of the anime. One of which is the Waddle Dee vending machine episode. (Called Waddle while you Work in the English dub.)

I do recommend casually just watching some episodes casually riffing style. The show can be quite entertaining that way. Despite the 4kids thing I am honestly quite fond of the show.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ricdesi posted:

Ahh, that makes sense. It's a bummer that elemental weapons don't do anything special for battle purposes, but I suppose that makes sense.

For some special things you don't even need the exact weaknesses. For example with Francesica when she brings out her Water Gun if you use elec on the water it will zap her and destroy it.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 13, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man you guys killed Hyness fast. He did not even manage to pull out his second super attack.

(Which is him using the Jambandra Mages as shields while he pops out and tosses magic bullshit everywhere were you only have small gaps to hurt him.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 4, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I feel Bugsy was made a bit broken as he could ignore most of the attacks and keep hitting. Which allowed you guys to beat Void Termina before he went into full Dark Matter mode.

Also fun fact. Void Termina's Japanese name is End Nil. Which pretty much means the exact same thing as the overseas name.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 9, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

that ivy guy posted:

The comments have been spamming this for days, but is there any specific reason you aren't doing 2-player? It's been available for every stage.

Yeah. Like it just does not make sense you are not doing this co-op. It's one of the most fun things about it.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Dec 5, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Don't worry about doing all spirits first time you encounter them. Also using the Y button in the party menu to auto select useful spirits is helpful.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Dec 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ricdesi posted:

Of course, some of these fights are uh... pretty loving intense.

Probably cause you guys are fighting spirits way above you in power that you don't have the proper stuff for. There is normally a path around super hard spirits. You don't have to do them once you find them, it's best to get tools to deal with them then come back.