Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I started playing this again for something I can do with my brother over the internet during quarantine and every time I start a game I crash like 10 seconds in. Google searching didn't make it seem like a common issue since all the results were from 2019 or earlier. Anyone else have that? :confused:

Also the game is laggy as hell compared to when I last played it, is that an issue for everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Verify integrity of the game files in steam? Fixed a similar prob for me.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I keep getting the urge to redownload this game and play it again for old times sake, but every time I check the ground to see how it's doing the hacker situation and game performance seems like it was worse than when I left. Does it feel at this point like the game's in terminal decline at this point, and is the hacker situation as intolerable as the community makes it sound?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Yeah. It's weird, when the game fist came out we would kill people and win regularly but these days we're getting just ripped to shreds by guys as soon as they peak. Some of the new weapons are fun and it's less of a commitment than a cs queue, but hell.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

always be closing posted:

Yeah. It's weird, when the game fist came out we would kill people and win regularly but these days we're getting just ripped to shreds by guys as soon as they peak. Some of the new weapons are fun and it's less of a commitment than a cs queue, but hell.

Because there were 3 million people playing it and a lot of them sucked. The people left are the ones who have been playing it for three years. They are all (mostly) good.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The LARPing mode was awesome as gently caress, roaming around as a Barbarian fully leveled out swinging around a big loving saw-sword, that being an almost unstoppable tank as a Paladin. Trying to get the correct arc as the Whhizzyrd with the flare gun was a total bitch.

Also they really need to reduce the rate of fire on all DMRs, fuckers rapid firing SLRs, Minis, and SKSes while being stupid accurate is absolute bullshit.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 9, 2020

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

The lag/stuttering problems they introduced about three months ago made the game unplayable for me. Couple that with the release of Warzone and picking up a half dozen other games to kill time and I think I’m off PUBG for good.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Most of my group left when they got rid of map select and made Erangel Cars Only Mode take hours to queue for.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

They at least reverted the blood effects back to what it was since apparently it was massively loving up the game. I miss old snow Vikendi but not how laggy it would get with weather effects. They just need to make a Pubg 2 already.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/PUBG_Support/status/1262534421913034753

Bot update coming tonight. Everyone play Cuisine Royale.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

:rip: pubg

It's a real shame because there was a lot of potential there but they squandered their lead pretty thoroughly. Oh well.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Doesn’t the mobile version use bots already?

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

PIZZA.BAT posted:

:rip: pubg

It's a real shame because there was a lot of potential there but they squandered their lead pretty thoroughly. Oh well.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PrettiestTardyOxPartyTime

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Played a duo game on Miramar the other day. PC, EU.

At one point, my teammate gets knocked but is in solid cover, and it's a long range engagement with empty land and the edge of the circle behind us, so I figure it's safe to sprint over and rez him.

When I get ~10 yards from him, I see a player in the empty land behind us, that we had previously checked, coming from the complete opposite direction from the long-range engagement that has us pinned. I have to abort the rez and reposition to avoid getting murdered by this totally random flank, eventually both me and my teammate die.

Watch the replay later. The game had 74 bots out of 100 players. The guy behind us in no mans land just spawned there. Wasn't there before. Great.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

The Mash posted:

Played a duo game on Miramar the other day. PC, EU.

At one point, my teammate gets knocked but is in solid cover, and it's a long range engagement with empty land and the edge of the circle behind us, so I figure it's safe to sprint over and rez him.

When I get ~10 yards from him, I see a player in the empty land behind us, that we had previously checked, coming from the complete opposite direction from the long-range engagement that has us pinned. I have to abort the rez and reposition to avoid getting murdered by this totally random flank, eventually both me and my teammate die.

Watch the replay later. The game had 74 bots out of 100 players. The guy behind us in no mans land just spawned there. Wasn't there before. Great.

Jesus. The bots just spawn in mid-game?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Mischievous Mink posted:

Jesus. The bots just spawn in mid-game?

Yes

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Yeah, welcome to the current state of non-ranked PUBG. It's pretty dumb.

I've been trying to find these 80 bot games, but I've never been able to get into a game with more than ~20 bots in it.

I've been killed by a bot exactly once and it was that same scenario... FPP duos, my teammate is dead, there's about 12 players alive on the counter going into Phase 5. I'm on the edge of the circle in a longish range firefight with one other team and I know for 100% sure that my back to the edge of circle is clear. Then a bot spawns between me and the circle edge out of the ether while I'm behind cover in the middle of healing and one-shots me.

Otherwise my interactions with bots have been nothing but stupid ammo/med delivery and K/D boosters that add nothing to the game, but oh well.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Bots tend to spawn at least a minute or two at the start of the match, usually with a level one helmet, and level two vest and backpack I believe. Everything else they run and scrounge up.

It's strangely fascinating to watch on replays to see their behavior, they will streak towards the closest player but as soon as another player becomes the closest they run towards that player. Never driving anything it's always running, so by 5th circle you'll have at least two bots running into circle and really really gently caress up the whole flow of the game since in Duos or Squads they're always knocked even if they're by themselves. They don't spawn as teams.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

BCRock posted:

Yeah, welcome to the current state of non-ranked PUBG. It's pretty dumb.

I've been trying to find these 80 bot games, but I've never been able to get into a game with more than ~20 bots in it.

I've been killed by a bot exactly once and it was that same scenario... FPP duos, my teammate is dead, there's about 12 players alive on the counter going into Phase 5. I'm on the edge of the circle in a longish range firefight with one other team and I know for 100% sure that my back to the edge of circle is clear. Then a bot spawns between me and the circle edge out of the ether while I'm behind cover in the middle of healing and one-shots me.

Otherwise my interactions with bots have been nothing but stupid ammo/med delivery and K/D boosters that add nothing to the game, but oh well.

This has been my experience as well. Hopped in again to laugh at bots and have maybe killed 5 in 20 some-odd games. Still just getting curb stomped by the people who never quit playing.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Reinstalled for the first time in over two years

I'm very bad

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

debating whether to stop renewing buggy.email since this game is clearly way past its prime

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

uniball posted:

debating whether to stop renewing buggy.email since this game is clearly way past its prime

Whether you do you don't is up to you but I just want to thank you for making these. It really captures the spirit of PUBG in its heyday

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Probably one of my favorite clips besides the guy who flipped his car in the final circle and managed to win the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFxORlwI9PM

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

uniball posted:

As one of the few cars only crews that competed with you (and I'm still proud of my number 2 worldwide for duo roadkills at one point), I appreciate all of your videos and wish they hadn't worked so hard to screw it up for all of us.

o7 o7 o7

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
if youre getting back into it this is the discord people actually play in: https://discord.gg/HFSPyz

also ranked mode is amazing and has made playing pubg refreshing again as now its a real challenge

Blowdryer fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 14, 2020

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I'd love to play ranked but the game won't accept my number for verification and support is being entirely useless in trying to help me

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Red Red Blue posted:

I'd love to play ranked but the game won't accept my number for verification and support is being entirely useless in trying to help me

poo poo that sucks, havent heard of someone saying that, i wouldn't know what to suggest other than support or maybe trying a friend or family members phone number who won't play pubg?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there some weird bug in this game where you can't fire your weapon?

Seems to be when I have a scoped weapon and a not scoped automatic. After switching from the close range to the SLR/scoped gun, I try to fire a bunch of shots in a row and nothing will happen. Either 1 shot will go off, then subsequent ones never fire, despite mouse clicking. Or maybe nothing will go off at all.

Which is very frustrating when you are shooting some guy and no bullets go bang bang.

Google shows a few other reports but I'm not sure how to consistently reproduced other than it seems to happen going from something in full auto to a scoped weapon/sniper.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Maybe they finally nerfed all the DMRs to stop being rapid fire bullshit.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Maybe, but I get the same issue going from bolt action -> AR , where the AR won't fire.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just got back into the game and realized this thread is dead as a doornail.

I haven't played since before 1.0 and am actually having fun. Any Ausgoon TZ players?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Over here in the States unfortunately

https://www.pubg.com/en-us/2021/05/23/pc-patch-note-12-1/

Miramar getting a much needed facelift that is going live on Tuesday.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Holy poo poo the cheating on the Aussie server is just so loving blatant. Players spinning around like the last starfighter death blossom one tapping people over and over.

This game deserves to die out if this is the best anti-cheat they have.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Jiro posted:

Over here in the States unfortunately

https://www.pubg.com/en-us/2021/05/23/pc-patch-note-12-1/

Miramar getting a much needed facelift that is going live on Tuesday.

I like that they added the new stuff to Miramar, I like the building reworks, and the interior lighting, but my god when the map is played at noon its like the whole thing is turned on Full Bright.

If you get a round at dusk it looks very pretty though. (Also its still the best map)

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The ground on Miramar looks like it's now a lower res texture, and they removed a lot of the indestructible debris located in certain buildings. I know they hosed with shadows and lighting but it feels like they just lowered the quality of how some things looked to push up performance.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Raged posted:

Holy poo poo the cheating on the Aussie server is just so loving blatant. Players spinning around like the last starfighter death blossom one tapping people over and over.

This game deserves to die out if this is the best anti-cheat they have.

Was it a bot? They pretty much do this.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Canuckistan posted:

Not unless bots start bragging over in-game voice comms

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Canuckistan posted:

Bots do not one tap people, I have never been killed by a bot in my life. They have terrible AI.

Perfect Dark bots in the year 2000 have better AI than PUBG bots.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Bots do not one tap people, I have never been killed by a bot in my life. They have terrible AI.

Perfect Dark bots in the year 2000 have better AI than PUBG bots.

True, they don't one-tap (nor poo poo talk on comms), but you hear lots of stories about bots locking in and just lasering their rear end. Something like this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/nrtzyo/bots_with_wallhack_and_autoaim_on_100_really/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Jiro posted:

The ground on Miramar looks like it's now a lower res texture, and they removed a lot of the indestructible debris located in certain buildings. I know they hosed with shadows and lighting but it feels like they just lowered the quality of how some things looked to push up performance.

chocoTaco said there's a known bug with LOD not switching to the close version of the ground which is why those textures look worse.