Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
They actually changed the bots in the most recent patch and it is confirmed that they actually do now have aimbot and can laser you. They went from totally worthless not being able to kill anything to actually cheating. These devs are so bad at what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I seemed to be mostly right about the cheaters. I reported 5 that night and 4 of them have been permabanned.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Whelp made it to level 80 and no one is playing ranked in Australia......

gently caress

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

They actually changed the bots in the most recent patch and it is confirmed that they actually do now have aimbot and can laser you. They went from totally worthless not being able to kill anything to actually cheating. These devs are so bad at what they do.

It's funny to cause there is no gray area. Its either tap shot in your direction looking and get merced or melt you in a moment

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

This game was the greatest in its prime. No game has replicated the rush and feeling of pressure from solos.

Unfortunately bluehole never got its act together enough to polish the diamond lurking in the turd sandwich, and instead continues to make horrible decisions that drives away core and casual players alike.

I don't know why anyone would subject themselves to this garbage anymore.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

John DiFool posted:

No game has replicated the rush and feeling of pressure from solos.

Hard disagree. There's nothing quite like playing Tarkov solo.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Tarkov is too intense for me. PUBG was the nice middle point between Tarkov and CoD.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Tarkov is like the good parts of BR, condensed. It definitely comes with its own special brand of (very russian) jank/quirks

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

How's the cheating in Tarkov?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

multijoe posted:

How's the cheating in Tarkov?

It’s tricky. It’s been an issue on and off, but is generally overblown. I’ve played 400 hours or so and can only definitively say I was killed by a hacker once or twice. Part of the challenge is there are so many ways to get outplayed in Tarkov that it’s really hard to tell the difference between someone who’s legitimately cheating vs. someone who heard you walking through the bushes 5 minutes ago and stalked you until they had a perfect shot. I believe a few patches ago they implemented a standardized anti-cheat service, which replaced their home-rolled solution, and it’s something they are accountable for and actively addressing.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Why do we continue to play this imperfect game? And why can't any of us come up with a good reason?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

causticBeet posted:

It’s tricky. It’s been an issue on and off, but is generally overblown. I’ve played 400 hours or so and can only definitively say I was killed by a hacker once or twice. Part of the challenge is there are so many ways to get outplayed in Tarkov that it’s really hard to tell the difference between someone who’s legitimately cheating vs. someone who heard you walking through the bushes 5 minutes ago and stalked you until they had a perfect shot. I believe a few patches ago they implemented a standardized anti-cheat service, which replaced their home-rolled solution, and it’s something they are accountable for and actively addressing.

Thanks for this. Looking at the blurb on their site the survival elements sounds a little full-on for me, but I'm glad something like this exists to carry the torch from PUBG

Star Man posted:

Why do we continue to play this imperfect game? And why can't any of us come up with a good reason?

Speak for yourself, I'd forgotten it was still bookmarked

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Star Man posted:

I don’t anymore. I used to love it though. High water mark was 25% win rate over 75 solo fpp games during a season in 2018. I also ground my way to grandmaster (top 500 in solo fpp) first survivor season.

But the player base shriveled up with blue holes incompetence. And I suspect Apex ate a lot of pubg’s lunch. It isn’t as intense but it’s way more fun and polished.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I always sucked at shooting but really enjoyed the tense urban scavenging and hikes through realistic terrian so Fortnite and Apex did nothing for me, just want to play a game where I can roll up with my friends outside an abandoned house and wonder if it's going to turn into a life or death firefight

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

PUBG and tarkov are completely different. Both are also horrible and have laughable improvements in the last few years.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

John DiFool posted:

I don’t anymore. I used to love it though. High water mark was 25% win rate over 75 solo fpp games during a season in 2018. I also ground my way to grandmaster (top 500 in solo fpp) first survivor season.

But the player base shriveled up with blue holes incompetence. And I suspect Apex ate a lot of pubg’s lunch. It isn’t as intense but it’s way more fun and polished.

Haven't played in a couple months buuut I did play season 10 and had a 4.3 KD in duos with 13% win and 40% top 10.

I've played almost 7,000 games in my life god drat. Game is real good, devs are real bad and actively never wanted to fix the things that would keep it going.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Haven't played in a couple months buuut I did play season 10 and had a 4.3 KD in duos with 13% win and 40% top 10.

I've played almost 7,000 games in my life god drat. Game is real good, devs are real bad and actively never wanted to fix the things that would keep it going.

My stats were generally worse in squads or duos because I was either dropping solo or playing with friends who were not into pubg like I was.

Sad to see this game die.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yeah, played for a few seasons, but things just didn't seem to be getting better after a bit.

Warzone is fun, arcadey as gently caress and doesn't scratch the exact same itch as pubg, but it's decent. Lot of loving cheaters though, they'll do a huge banwave, things will be ok for a little (at least no blatant hackers probably plenty of people with walls and/or softer aimbots) then it gets bad again, rinse and repeat. I guess some folks don't have the issue but they're in lower tier lobbies, the goons i play with generally hit the high tier lobbies where we run into wannabe streamers and actual streamers.

I should have given apex a go but it seems too arcadey for me? Like UT with special moves.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Yeah I've been playing Warzone my friends switched to that. I really miss the glory days of PUBG though, agree with MF_James that it just doesn't scratch the exact same itch. Gunplay was way more satisfying than Warzone. All the gadgets, grinding the new meta weapons for unlocks, and Roze skins poo poo is so annoying in Warzone. I really liked the stripped down minimalism of early PUBG.

For both PUBG & Warzone though, it seems like inevitably the player base gets to a point where people just sit in a corner and camp. It's like nobody wants to have fun playing the game running and gunning with lots of action. They just try to get kills in the cheesiest loving way possible.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The vehicles in warzone feel terrible

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

hawowanlawow posted:

The vehicles in warzone feel terrible

Yeah they do. Your gun staying perfectly stable as the vehicle bounces around is kinda dumb too. I think the biggest problem with Warzone is that it needs to cater so much to console players. Controller auto-aiming you through a flash nade is stupid.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Warzone is a totally different game style too though, COD has always been an arcade shooter first, rather than going for milsim/realistic kind of stuff.

I find warzone fun, they've gotten a bit better about balancing so that 1 or 2 guns aren't heads above the rest, but there are still 3-5 guns that are The Best with a bunch of other guns trailing slightly behind

Enjoying it for the most part other than the fact that the regular crew I run with is all 1.5KDR and above so we get put in high tier lobbies which at the moment have at least obvious hacker in them + god only knows how many people using their hacks less obviously.

Maybe BF2042 or whatever it's called won't suck..... one can dream.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Nice new name they gave this game

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Gonna have to visit an ATM machine so I can buy a Steam gift card and purchase PUBG: Battlegrounds with it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds: Battlegrounds

Wonder if they found a way to not pay him or bought him out.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jiro posted:

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds: Battlegrounds

Wonder if they found a way to not pay him or bought him out.

He went dark on twitter and other social media sooooo I'm sure something happened. Hope he's doing alright. The devs repeatedly found ways to crash and burn the Western half of the player base.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

He went dark on twitter and other social media sooooo I'm sure something happened. Hope he's doing alright. The devs repeatedly found ways to crash and burn the Western half of the player base.

Yeah his twitter had essentially been scrubbed since earlier this week.

Either way, I enjoy Taego as a map, I'm kinda loving sick of circles ending on hills and it becomes a poo poo King of the Mountain there. Map needs the gliders on there as well. It's weird how Miramar is the same size but you still have the feeling of being so isolated from one another for a while.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jiro posted:

Yeah his twitter had essentially been scrubbed since earlier this week.

Either way, I enjoy Taego as a map, I'm kinda loving sick of circles ending on hills and it becomes a poo poo King of the Mountain there. Map needs the gliders on there as well. It's weird how Miramar is the same size but you still have the feeling of being so isolated from one another for a while.

In the West, they need to:

Remove Bots
Three map daily rotation, one queue (always including Erangel)
Fix the blue zones so they are dynamic on every map (phases come quicker the less players there are, but the circles move a bit slower so you can outrun it)
Include the same loot (all of the loot) on every map.
If a game fills with less than 80 players (because of the removal of bots), show the first circle and close it off immediately so it makes it into a smaller map.
Make circles crazier, the edges of the maps are fun. You can do this if you can outrun the circle.
Fix drive bys (way too easy) and then make vehicle spawns higher.
Make seasons more fun by adding something to the game play. Add a fun weapon crate or fun vehicle crate or fun crate useable crate item. Instead of "HERE ARE SOME SKINS THANKS" and then some dumb reward skins.

I'm probably missing some stuff. They have needed to do this for a year+ but instead just add dumb gimmick things and skins and get it wrong every time. Oh well! It was an amazing game.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

If there are bots in my games I've barely noticed them. What would be nice to get rid of are players that have some stupid low rank that play and have like 9 kills, but have no skins of their own. (Hackers, players on vpns) I like that different maps have different guns, everything on every map doesn't sound fun to me, having to adapt and change play styles is what initially interested me.

Now you have people that obviously took bans playing with profiles that are newer that just keep constantly coming back. All I want is the D&D mode to return so I can be a Paladin/Barbarian and run faster than my Unicorn Uaz. :smith:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jiro posted:

If there are bots in my games I've barely noticed them.

I haven't played in like 4 months buuuut bots were extremely prevalent and obvious in every single game. Probably 20+ each game, easily. I watch streamers a decent amount still and they have a ton in their games too.

Different guns on different maps doesn't really make anyone adjust or adapt playstyles. Let me use a scar on every map if I want. Let me use the QBU on every map if I want.
The more guns on each map the more sound differences you get and the more diluted the pool of the meta guns are. The differences between the guns are so slight, it's just dumb not to have them all. The top tier guns are still available on every single map. It's just a dumb gimmick to make the maps "feel" different when in reality it does nothing.

Hackers have never *really* been an issue with me. Sure in the thousands and thousands of hours I've put into the game I ran into them. But nothing to make me rage or quit forever. A lot of times someone calls out a cheater, it's not really a cheater. Replays are terrible for deciding whether someone is cheating or not because the replay is still so scuffed. Never shows recoil. Movement is choppy. It's just bad.

The devs just actually have no idea what they are doing and haven't in 1.5 years. Or they know and don't care about the West.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they should revert back to the patch that added vaulting

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

as long as you play around prime time (for fpp squads at least, the only mode i play) there are usually like 5-10 bots per game now, i rarely ever see them anymore

still lovely to have that many caveats around it but :shrug:

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
hey guys, is China still number one? :ohdear:

The lobby with the open mic was fun. Sure, you had the occasional dude yelling racial slurs, but it was usually a fun 1-minute party.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

Sylink posted:

Is there some weird bug in this game where you can't fire your weapon?

Seems to be when I have a scoped weapon and a not scoped automatic. After switching from the close range to the SLR/scoped gun, I try to fire a bunch of shots in a row and nothing will happen. Either 1 shot will go off, then subsequent ones never fire, despite mouse clicking. Or maybe nothing will go off at all.

Which is very frustrating when you are shooting some guy and no bullets go bang bang.

Google shows a few other reports but I'm not sure how to consistently reproduced other than it seems to happen going from something in full auto to a scoped weapon/sniper.

Resurrecting the pubg thread to answer this question!

I use my gaming PC hooked up to my main TV as a monitor. When I had an older TV, I ran in to this issue constantly. Turns out that (at least at one point) fire rate and trigger timing were tied directly in to you refresh rate on your display. My older TV was a black Friday special that only ran at 30Hz, and it would happen on pretty much any gun on full auto. I could use burst fire decently and snipers were fine, but I also noticed it when I would be using a DMR at range.

I have since gotten a newer TV with a higher refresh rate, and on the rare instances I play PUBG I haven't noticed the issue. So, like 90% of the issues in PUBG, you can chalk it up to dumbass shortsighted dev decisions.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I've been playing this again with friends for the last 8 months and it is astounding how janky the game is for how mature it is in its release. Please, someone save PUBG from Bluehole

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the jankiness of cars was my favorite part of the game and something I miss playing primarily apex now. You never knew if clipping the corner of some geometry was gonna immediately blow you up or launch you into the stratosphere. I cant even run people over anymore!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'll never understand why you can't smash into people with those loving hover cars and launch opponents into the stratosphere or at the very least run them the gently caress over and kill em. Goddamn Apex.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

They don’t care about PUBG they make all of their money off PUBG mobile in India and Thailand. That’s why there’s no PUBG2 yet.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I have no confidence they could make a successor in PUBG2.

They seemingly lucked into the popularity of PUBG1 by getting gun play right and now struggle with every new patch to implement something that the majority of players enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I've been really confused by their backsliding on tactical equipment, just give it a dedicated slot but make you find it in the world. It's a battle royale, that's how it's meant to work!