Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

They're in maintenance right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I like that the red zone is such an intense sound but I think it can still be toned down a bit

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I played a game the other day where to my dead teammates spectating me my game ending kill looked like a noscope headshot and when I looked at the replay after I was scoped into the ground when I was making that shot. It most definitely wasn't either of those things, but to anyone looking at the replay it might look real fishy

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

New Zealand can eat me posted:

For whoever was asking if there was definitive proof dust map happens in Mexico

There's a parade float in (I think) El Azahar that says MEXICO 1985 on it

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I'm pretty sure you can't on steam

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

He probably did it hoping he'd get banned anyway, dude clearly doesn't want to play the game anymore

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Beamed posted:

Even better: He was told he can continue playing on another account while banned.

Just..

That's what he did last time he got banned but now he's probably just gonna use it as an excuse to play other poo poo for a month or however long it is

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The only NA servers are east coast somewhere so if you're not east coast you'll have kind of a crappy ping even to NA

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I only played a couple games last night but it did feel better

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Dino park is pretty cool, can't wait to see clips of final circles in the maze

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

IMO allowing two snipers to kill each other would only add to the playing value of this game. It might feel like a bullshit death, but it would be perfectly consistent with how the game works in general.

The way I think about it is that I would rather lose a trade I would have tied than tie a trade I would have won

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

PUBG as an esport sucks because the only way to get chicken dinners is to not get killed by accident by playing extremely conservatively (read: boring).

there was just a tournament on this past week where quite a few of the games were won with the winning team having 16+ kills out of a 64 player lobby. there's still the odd game where one team just spends all game in the middle of the circle and gets a couple of kills at the end to win it but those are the minority

observers still have big problems actually getting to fights and it doesn't help that the commentators often read the kill feed wrong so the spectator experience still needs huge work

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Turns out Fortnite has that same issue so it's probably some deep engine thing rather than any specific bluehole incompetence

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I've cooled some on AL as I play it more but every battle royale needs to steal their pinging system, especially for stuff like items

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Is this on the test server? I can't find any news for it on the pubg web site.

People datamined it off the test client, backlash was big enough that it's already not even on there anymore. It was never actually made playable

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I like this patch except for the AWM one shotting level 2 vest, that thing should take you out of the game if you get shot in the head, sure, but it's way too easy to hit the chest

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I feel like the AWM already had more than enough reward for the risk, level 3 vests are pretty rare

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

it's not the car "randomly killing you" when you get out before putting the brake on and then run in front of it

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I remember one of my random squad games a while back this one guy had his mic open and he was watching Friends or some poo poo, the other two on our team were yelling at this guy to stop, they eventually got frustrated and left

The guy eventually did fix it while we were in the plane and he hard carried me to a duo squad victory. Dude had like 12 kills

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I'd much rather play miramar than vikendi at this point

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

karakin will be fine once the loot is made better, i really like the terrain and being able to blow holes in stuff makes for some super interesting fights, the bad part comes when you're running around midgame with a pump shotty and an m16 with no scope

also make the siren quieter

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I got my first 10+ kill game mostly because of the mp5 the other day, I'm really gonna miss that thing :smith:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

my group never got into apex because we often have 4 around wanting to play, it would really suck if this game did that too

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I'm an expert at dangerous and unnecessary jumping but that dude puts me to shame

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I played a couple rounds of TDM and I'm enjoying it a lot, they really need to do something about people shooting while still having the respawn immunity though. Wasn't a big problem on the two Paradise games I played but on Sanhok Docks the sight lines can be long enough to where you'll be able to shoot at somebody when you spawn

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

does it only happen when playing pubg or something or is discord always hosed? it sounds like a problem with the voice server you're on

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I'd love to play ranked but the game won't accept my number for verification and support is being entirely useless in trying to help me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

as long as you play around prime time (for fpp squads at least, the only mode i play) there are usually like 5-10 bots per game now, i rarely ever see them anymore

still lovely to have that many caveats around it but :shrug: